• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We collect but what do we HOARD?

118 posts in this topic

I stubbornly, but not aggressively, hoard Web of Spider-Man #18.

:sumo:

But at least I won't go broke doing it since I'm probably the only one who does.

Not anymore :devil: Muahahahahaha

But at least I won't go broke doing it since I'm probably the only one who does.

Not anymore :devil: Muahahahahaha

lol I'll give you first crack at my under copies (as soon as I get one that qualifies as an under copy)

[font:Book Antiqua]Calamerica Classic Picture...[/font]

:luhv:

155499_181856465158242_6684999_n_zps23280152.jpg

hm its funny that he doesnt have a restored copy at all in this pic. i know he buys alot of restored books. i assumed hed have one of these in PLOD

There is ONE on the lower right corner 1st row. I have since picked up 4 PLODs and still own the only GLOD ever graded.

How many in total do you currently own ? More or less than the number (80) in the pic ?

I'm pretty sure I have an unintentional hoard of this book as well. It's not worth anything so I don't sell the copies I have, but it's to cool of a book to just give away.

I think I should pick an Iron Man & Sub-Mariner one day…

I think I never read the story, and I love Subby and Iron Man stories of that period… hm

I used to look up at the stars at night and ponder my existence.Now I just wish I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I think I should pick an Iron Man & Sub-Mariner one day…

I think I never read the story, and I love Subby and Iron Man stories of that period… hm

I used to look up at the stars at night and ponder my existence.Now I just wish I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Believe it or not, I actually did this as a kid (and at a very young age), but never thought about the peanut butter. hm

May be just because it’s not used here… lol

I'm pretty sure I have an unintentional hoard of this book as well. It's not worth anything so I don't sell the copies I have, but it's to cool of a book to just give away.

That's where the stubbornness comes in. I'm hoping one day that this hobby's version of E.F. Hutton will say WOS #18 is the true first appearance of what-will-become Venom, and people will listen.

But that appearance is so fleeting it can barely be called a cameo (i.e. Hulk 180 or Avengers 195). Nonetheless, the hand of Eddie Brock (who has already joined with the Alien Suit), sneaks up undetected by Peter's Spidey Sense and shoves him into the path of an oncoming train.

:sumo: 1st Brock/Suit appearance :sumo:

That's where the stubbornness comes in. I'm hoping one day that this hobby's version of E.F. Hutton will say WOS #18 is the true first appearance of what-will-become Venom, and people will listen.

But that appearance is so fleeting it can barely be called a cameo (i.e. Hulk 180 or Avengers 195). Nonetheless, the hand of Eddie Brock (who has already joined with the Alien Suit), sneaks up undetected by Peter's Spidey Sense and shoves him into the path of an oncoming train.

:sumo: 1st Brock/Suit appearance :sumo:

I agree. The hand/train page is significant IMO. I bet if the cover was better the book would get more love.

At one time or another out here, peanut butter is the staple of a bachelor's diet- with or without jelly.

Believe me, I think I almost puked when I ate a small sandwich with it when I came to California. :sick:

I expected it to be delicious, as I love Peanuts, but it wasn’t so…

At one time or another out here, peanut butter is the staple of a bachelor's diet- with or without jelly.

Believe me, I think I almost puked when I ate a small sandwich with it when I came to California. :sick:

Italian snobs. :P

It must be said that I am not crazy about food, so maybe some other italian would find peanut butter delicious… lol

Well, in fact I have a collegue which does kick boxing or similar sports which used to eat it during coffee break a while ago… :D

lol

We can't be friends anymore.

:sorry: :lol: (:

-slym (LOVES peanut butter)

I don’t recall if I eat it in some Los Angeles fast food (think was "Johnny Rocket") or in Disneyland. Now that you make me think of it, I’m pretty much sure it was Johnny Rocket. Both would have sweetened the experience, anyway: I loved Johnny Rocket as it was meticulously 1950s styled.

There is to say that, as I arrived, and visited a supermarket, one of my first thought was «I have to taste peanut butter, and buy some» but I eventually waited.

In Disneyland I think I bought an hamburger where the peanut butter was definitely the best, more edible part… :sick: (I recall it was the fast food within the Pinocchio attraction).

I don’t recall if I eat it in some Los Angeles fast food (think was "Johnny Rocket") or in Disneyland. Now that you make me think of it, I’m pretty much sure it was Johnny Rocket. Both would have sweetened the experience, anyway: I loved Johnny Rocket as it was meticulously 1950s styled.

There is to say that, as I arrived, and visited a supermarket, one of my first thought was «I have to taste peanut butter, and buy some» but I eventually waited.

In Disneyland I think I bought an hamburger where the peanut butter was definitely the best, more edible part… :sick: (I recall it was the fast food within the Pinocchio attraction).

I just ate a PB&J sandwich in honor of you.