• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics America...Stay Away???

106 posts in this topic

Oh you want to buy a book from us from the price on our website...oh sorry we did a price update the other day that must not have gone through...oh who would have guessed it affects your entire cart and the cost of $20 is really $120 because of the price changes sorry but can't help you out.

Quick note:

These actions do not only happen on bulk purchases of a book. I placed an order for 2 or 3 ASM 606-607 and a couple issues of Guardians of the Galaxy #25 in September and it happened to me.

Quick note:

These actions do not only happen on bulk purchases of a book. I placed an order for 2 or 3 ASM 606-607 and a couple issues of Guardians of the Galaxy #25 in September and it happened to me.

8699245182_0b09a3e120_z.jpg

There are websites where they don't have an actual payable cart. You submit your order, and it states right on it, "prices are subject for review". Once the order is processed they give you the total, and allow you to approve or decline.

He really should just delete the shopping cart from his store, and go this sort of a route. He is obviously hand checking orders anyway...why pretend to have an e-commerce site when really you dont.

I wonder what happens if you are actually in their store, pull the comics from the back issue bin at cover and walk up to their cash register?

Do they say, "hold on, I need to check ebay to prices these?"

Comics America and they're in Canada?! Shouldn't it be called Comics Canada?? Bait and Switch for Free Shipping. My first order sat in limbo status for two weeks before cancelling it and then later they bumped the price up $10 issue. Stay away!!

Long time "Lurkers" as Ryan called us. This is my first post as I feel compelled to inform the board.

Ordered my Peter Panzerfaust #2 for $49.99 three months ago along with a couple of Manhattan Projects and Saga. The order was over $100 and they shipped in a padded envelop. Package came to me damaged. All other books were fine but PP #2 corner was crushed.

I contacted "Joe" for a full refund for the damaged books. "Joe" took two weeks to respond. Asked me to take pics and email to them. I took the pics and email right away. Two weeks later I was asked to return the book for a refund.

Long story short $49.99 book plus $12 for shipping back to Canada. Two months now and they still have not responded, contacted me or refund my credit card.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Worst online service have ever encountered. Never again.

Long time "Lurkers" as Ryan called us. This is my first post as I feel compelled to inform the board.

Ordered my Peter Panzerfaust #2 for $49.99 three months ago along with a couple of Manhattan Projects and Saga. The order was over $100 and they shipped in a padded envelop. Package came to me damaged. All other books were fine but PP #2 corner was crushed.

I contacted "Joe" for a full refund for the damaged books. "Joe" took two weeks to respond. Asked me to take pics and email to them. I took the pics and email right away. Two weeks later I was asked to return the book for a refund.

Long story short $49.99 book plus $12 for shipping back to Canada. Two months now and they still have not responded, contacted me or refund my credit card.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Worst online service have ever encountered. Never again.

Welcome my friend. I always smile when a "lurker" comes to the other side :grin: