• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #252

14 posts in this topic

Five books in one day is a tad excessive. Most people agree three per day gives other people's books a chance to be noticed on the first page. :foryou:

Five books in one day is a tad excessive. Most people agree three per day gives other people's books a chance to be noticed on the first page. :foryou:

four of them were spiderman as well...couldve just put them in one thread imo...

as for the book

Front cover (FC)- Very tiny crease, upper right corner.

Slightly bent top staple, about 12 spine tics (one pretty serious right below the cluster at the big crease/bend), Bottom left corner abrasion, either a bad crease or a tear near the bottom corner- whatever it is, it's a 1/4" color break, bottom edge stress just to the bottom right of the UPC box, right edge looks ok.

Back cover (BC)- Small bindery tear top right corner, left edge indicates a minor roll, bottom edge I see a no color break crease or bend under "ATARI 5200", bottom right corner has a tiny bindery tear, spine has about 5 light color breaking tics.

6.5-7.0

If that FC bottom left corner is a tear, then it's probably 6.0

7.0/7.5?

I know the whole point of this forum is to guess grades via scans, but this particular book I think I would need to see in hand to have a good guess. Something about the wear on the spine on the fc makes me think this book would look worse in hand than in the scan, like there may be ncb bends or something. Then again, maybe not. I don't know. It just feels weird.

Based on what we're seeing here, 7.0 I suppose.

(shrug)

I think some wannabe graders think there can't be any tears in VF range. Sometimes thats what makes a NM book VF. It doesn't drop it to fine unless its severe....the spine creasing is very unnoticeable and unobtrusive on this book and detracts little from its presentation.

I present exhibit A-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-1963-1st-Series-7-CGC-7-5-1096261003-/360649135377?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53f85d1511#ht_1905wt_917

The prosecution rests your honor.