• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 1

155 posts in this topic

I said 7.5,2.5 :eek:

at least you didn't say 8.0, 2.0. need bigger pix doh!

Try 9.0 and 2.0. :tonofbricks: took it right on the chin. lol

I took a hit also, 9.0 meh and 2.5 for me. :(

8.0 and 2.0 for me. The Avengers was a wild guess for me, while I was very confident with the Batman. doh!

Yeah I guessed 8.5 and 1.5. I had the Avengers at 6.5 at first but when I drunkenly went back and looked at it I thought man that is a sharp looking copy. :)

If that Batman is a 3.5 then how in the hell is my recent sub of the CSS #22 that I sent in a 4.0? Compared to that Batman mine looks like a damn 8.0 all day long.

playing along at home... but 3.5 on the Bats? seems like a very generous, dare i say, gift grade?

---

That's called "The Nik bump". (thumbs u

You know... I played in one of his contests way back when? He was always very nice responding to my PMs with my grade choice

This one is really hard what it this strange watermark? Looks like an "alien with a big head" lol

2yx2i42.jpg

what the :censored: was that...

I started with 6.0 and :censored: up when I got messed up with the watermark.

At least I was close on Batman 2.5

:facepalm:

8.0 and 3.0 for me. I knew the Bats would get a Golden bump but all the way to 3.5 is pretty crazy. The 6.5 on the Avenger seems pretty severe but CGC is rough on upper mid grade defects.

My guesses: 6.5 :acclaim: and 2.0 :sorry:

Still can't belive the Bats is a 3.5

These were my grades as well...bulls-eye on the AV 6 :banana: had it at 7.0 then went with my gut...

As for the BM 17 I started at 3.5...tried seeing it again as a 3.0...then 2.5...kept dropping it to the 2.0...at some point like many of us I gave it the grade I would give if offering the book for sale raw... (shrug)