• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four reboot is already screwed up...

1,093 posts in this topic

Fassbender is about the only thing I could stomach. I believe we saw the same movie, I'm not so sure if we're both fans of these characters though.

Wait a minute!

So if I enjoyed a comic book-based movie that didn't follow the original source material completely, I am less than a fan of the comics?

That seems a little extreme, if I am understanding you correctly.

If the silliest part of a movie about interdimensional gods with magic lightning hammers is that one of them is black, you are clearly racist.

OK this had me rolling.

"If the silliest part of a movie about interdimensional gods with magic lightning hammers is that one of them is black, you are clearly racist. This is a non-argument anyway -- the Asgardians are gods, they look like whatever they want to look like. Hogun, one of Thor's warrior buddies, is clearly Asian in both the comics and the movies, and nobody is sitting around wondering where all the rest of the Asian Asgardians are. Also, what logical reason is there for all of the Asgardians to be white? Is that the default setting of gods?"

You're going to take this argument there? Really? ...Really???

:facepalm:

I'm not taking any argument - I just think it's funny.

I stopped taking comic books seriously when I was about 17. :foryou:

Fassbender is about the only thing I could stomach. I believe we saw the same movie, I'm not so sure if we're both fans of these characters though.

Wait a minute!

So if I enjoyed a comic book-based movie that didn't follow the original source material completely, I am less than a fan of the comics?

35064167.jpg

Wait a minute!

I never said completely, how about hardly at all?

Wait a minute!

35064167.jpg

:roflmao:

1h2m3.jpg

via Imgflip Meme Maker

If the silliest part of a movie about interdimensional gods with magic lightning hammers is that one of them is black, you are clearly racist.

OK this had me rolling.

"If the silliest part of a movie about interdimensional gods with magic lightning hammers is that one of them is black, you are clearly racist. This is a non-argument anyway -- the Asgardians are gods, they look like whatever they want to look like. Hogun, one of Thor's warrior buddies, is clearly Asian in both the comics and the movies, and nobody is sitting around wondering where all the rest of the Asian Asgardians are. Also, what logical reason is there for all of the Asgardians to be white? Is that the default setting of gods?"

Nice cop out :golfclap:

Wait a minute!

You are too funny.

OK this had me rolling.

137825.jpg.ec0d96cbdb5f2bd436f47523641f651a.jpg

Cracked.com

Interesting article hm

:fear:

When I read that a couple of days ago, I was looking for a screen shot from this thread. :D

Same here. Especially since there are a few writers on here.

+1

OK this had me rolling.

:eyeroll:

Wait a minute!

You are too funny.

Glad I can make you laugh, wish I could say the same :(

Wait a minute!

You are too funny.

It's a black & white world for you, with no shades of gray to account for variation. And the world does need folks like this in some professions, so I am not saying it is wrong.

But the shame is there are some really cool movies you are missing out on because it is such a strong line you draw.

Wait a minute!

You are too funny.

It's a black & white world for you, with no shades of gray to account for variation. And the world does need folks like this in some professions, so I am not saying it is wrong.

But the shame is there are some really cool movies you are missing out on because it is such a strong line you draw.

Hardly :eyeroll: There's a big difference between slavish fidelity to the source and just wanting them to get it a lot closer than they have ( most of the time ).

I suppose it's better than being accused of being racist or against family.

OK this had me rolling.

I know this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but I am saying right now - I never found it silly that characters aren't portrayed the same as in the comics. But I do find it displeasing to my inner fanboy.

silly ≠ displeasing

;)

-slym