• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about an eBay seller...

34 posts in this topic

Ok, so I get a shipment of books from Showcase New England that is advertised 9.4/9.6. Some of the books are less than 9.4 in my opinion. I e-mailed Dan saying just this. Don't hear from him. Finally, against my better judgement, I decide to post neutral feedback: "good grading overall, but some books less than 9.4". He posts a negative feedback to me stating "substitutes personal opinion as fact. lacks online maturity. avoid!!!"

WTF???? Who lacks maturity here? Did I do something wrong? mad.gif

OK, so then how does that make the feedback system effective? confused.gif

Who said it was?

Seriously, if you want to state dissatisfaction, then use a Negative, and not a Neutral. Otherwise, you'll just be in the same situation the next time.

contact eBay to try to get the feedback removed as a retalitory neg. you can respond to the neg with f-bombs and eBay will remove it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif many forum members have had bad expeirence with dan and swears never to deal with him again. on the other hand i've had nothing but pleasant expeirences with him. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, I don't disagree with the philosophy of what you are saying, but I think it is really an a**hole move to reply to a neutral feedback with a flaming negative. mad.gif

Agreed, but we all know EBay is chock full of a**holes. confused-smiley-013.gif

Most forum members are Ebay members too so yes your statement is true. foreheadslap.gif

contact eBay to try to get the feedback removed as a retalitory neg. you can respond to the neg with f-bombs and eBay will remove it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif many forum members have had bad expeirence with dan and swears never to deal with him again. on the other hand i've had nothing but pleasant expeirences with him. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've bought over 20 BA books from Dan and was reasonable happy. The one book I didn't like was returned for full refund... no problem.

My advise is try to make contact before leaving any neutral/neg feedback. SNE has a phone number (203-484-4579).

I have had some bad experiences with Showcase in the past with their grading. I haven't bought from them over Ebay, so no negative from them. One particular case was with a golden age book. Nice high grade book I ordered out of one of their catalogs. When I got the book, my first thought was "wow, nice book, but something looks strange" When I put it next to a golden age book from the same period (i.e. one issue off), I could see that the top and right edge had been trimmed by ~ 1/4 inch each. I returned the book, but it cost me about $30 in shipping charges. I later watched this book sell two time on Ebay only to be followed a third after having it CGC graded. Guess what, PLOD trimmed!

The real funny thing is the final hammer price was about what I paid for it the first time I bought it. Who paid almost unrestored guide for a pretty common golden age book is a mystery to me...

Well, I don't disagree with the philosophy of what you are saying, but I think it is really an a**hole move to reply to a neutral feedback with a flaming negative. mad.gif

Most forum members are Ebay members too so yes your statement is true. foreheadslap.gif

Why do you even bother posting here if that is what you think? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Why do you even bother posting here if that is what you think? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Why did you even bother posting only to prove my point? boo.gif

If you want to post a comment that is anything but a positive, use a negative, as that's what you're going to get back.

Why people use a neutral to post less-than glowing feedback is beyond me.

I disagree with this statement entirely. I think the neutral feedback is very applicable in many situations. As a seller you can use it for a buyer who takes over a month to pay.

As a buyer, you can use it for a seller that takes a month to ship. Or for terrible packaging on a valuable item, or for sending you the wrong item at first, or for inaccurately describing the item, but not enough to make it a negative. In my opinion the neutral is just as valid and useful as a negative. -----Sid

My own experience with Showcase has been poor...

Four times I've bought from them and four times there's been a problem. The first occasion involved an X-Men #8 (?), which had had a pin-up page razored out, stuck on a wall, and then stuck back in the comic (quite professionally, I might add). No mention of this cut and paste approach when the book was sold.

This was replaced with an ASM #39, which had colour touch along the spine, not disclosed. Then there was the X-Men #19, graded at VF+, which was no better than FN/VF.

And finally, there was a bunch of Iron Fists, won on eBay and graded at 9.2 to 9.4. They might have been, but about 10 years before I got my hands on them.

What I would say, however, is that if you contact Cindy, she will make things good again. Her customer service standards are excellent, so you shouldn't lose money, but as to whether you'd want to risk buying in the first place...?

Make your own mind up.

Because some of us are getting sick of your constant negativity and trolling. If that is all you are here for, then maybe it's time for you to go. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Because some of us are getting sick of your constant negativity and trolling. If that is all you are here for, then maybe it's time for you to go. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Wait for the 5th BOC... gossip.gif