• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first crack at CGC grading with pressing from joeypost...

8 posts in this topic

First off I want to shout out publicly to joeypost about what a fantastic job he did on my books. I just got off the phone with CGC and received my grades and everyone of them but 1 was at least 2-3 grades higher than what I thought they would be.

I can't say enough about the professionalism of joey and his service. He was great at answering all of my many questions and handled my order with care and produced GREAT results.

As I mentioned this was my first time subbing books to CGC and am over the moon about the results... I don't know the page quality but here are the grades...

Detective Comics #400 CGC 9.2

Detective Comics #408 CGC 9.4

Batman #181 CGC 5.5

Batman #200 CGC 9.2

Batman #219 CGC 9.2

Batman #237 CGC 9.4

Batman #245 CGC 9.2

Batman #255 CGC 9.4

Brave and the Bold #79 CGC 9.4

Brave and the Bold #85 CGC 8.5 (the only book that graded exactly what I thought it would)

Well that's all. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive in hand and then I can decide what I am keeping and what I am selling.

Thanks for looking and thanks joey!

mathew

Given the 8.5 was the only one he got right and his over-all happiness I think he had under-graded all the rest.

:whee:

Congrats on the grades, and dealing with folks like Joey is one of the reasons this hobby is a lot of fun.

At this point I am pretty much done with sports cards and focusing on comics, you still doing much in the sports card world?

Congrats on the grades, and dealing with folks like Joey is one of the reasons this hobby is a lot of fun.

At this point I am pretty much done with sports cards and focusing on comics, you still doing much in the sports card world?

Just in the world of Comics now. I have stop with sports cards...just not as much fun as reading and collecting the funny books.