• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 posts in this topic

or 131...?

So I'm now 4+ years into building and slabbing the go-go check collection. And I still love my focus - there's something for me in every genre - from funny animal to superhero to western, and in every price range from inexpensive to hard on my pocketbook expensive.

The thing is: now I have reached a milestone - the next book I buy or slab for the collection will represent 25% completion, 132 of 531 books.

What I am wondering is this: should I try to cross my milestone with a 'milestone' book? There's only a couple in the go-go check era and after eliminating the ones I have only two significant investments remain: Detective 359 and Superman's Girlfriend 70. And I just don't know that I am in a position to invest in a milestone book this summer.

So do I wait? Save & wait? Or do I move forward and save the milestone book for the half-way point?

Thoughts?

Not entirely random go-go check image below:

Happy Hunting!

13606.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

I think you are probably right Surfer - I may remember the book as one that got me over the hump...but I don't think it has to be on of the big-ticket items to enjoy the milestone.

Now to choose...

L