• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Fantasy #15

31 posts in this topic

+1, this book is a 2.0

I agree with 2.0. Even though there are no pieces or corners out, there is too much surface creasing and wear to go any higher for me.

Yea this was my thought just glancing at it. I was amazed at the 3.0s and higher. Way too much color breaking at the top.

Still a nice book though and as others mentioned a press might help. The scanner probably makes the creasing look worse too.

check the inside of the cover it looks like glue oils penetrating the cover from the inside

Would that put it in a PLOD? Or would it just be noted and go in a Universal...? Seems up in the air with these silver age books... (shrug)

depends on what it is and how/ why it is there. If it is residue from previous tape ( likely ) it wont be a PLOD because it is no longer there and is just a defect.

Still a nice book though and as others mentioned a press might help. The scanner probably makes the creasing look worse too.

I was amazed at how much worse the scan looked than the book looks in person. I wouldn't argue with the assessments here, the defects are there, it just looks better than most 2.0 books I've seen before.

And I also think these days the scrutiny is higher when even beat copies go for thousands of dollars rather than the (low) hundreds I bought this for many years ago.

Thanks to everyone for the assessment.

depends on what it is and how/ why it is there. If it is residue from previous tape ( likely ) it wont be a PLOD because it is no longer there and is just a defect.

Yeah, I looked at it inside and out, and whatever it is from (I agree it looks like tape), it isn't there now.

And while I can kinda guess from the context, what is "PLOD"?

Thanks.

Based on grading contest - that's a 3.0 all day. No big chunks out and no major defects like water damage.

I'd give it a 2.5 but it seems like CGC is pretty lenient on this title. I think they'd give it a 3.0.

here is my 3.0 for comparison:

af15.jpg

The book in this thread is a 2.0

Looks 3.5+ hm