• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales To Astonish - Grades?

8 posts in this topic

It's impossible to give accurate grades or pressing advice from pictures like these.

Scan them once they're in hand and we'll be able to help (thumbs u

Is it just me or does the set-up in those photos looks familiar? If the seller is who I think it is (collectors-comics?) you may want to do a board search on them. Don't remember the details and I could be way off, might want to double-check.

Is it just me or does the set-up in those photos looks familiar? If the seller is who I think it is (comic-something?) you may want to do a board search on them. Don't remember the details and I could be way off, might want to double-check.

That 101 looks 9.2 not 7.0 but I'd stay away. :eek:

670072311_o.jpg

670072324_o.jpg

What have I gotten myself into. Unfortunately, I found the topic to which you've suggested and it does appear to be the same seller. And... it's too late to stay away as I went ahead and won the auctions over the weekend. At least I limited myself to only 4 comics. I'll just have to wait and see how they look when they arrive.

Hard to say how I'll feel about the book, or spine-realignment surgery.... Just one more thing to consider when buying books?!?!!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Follow Up:

TTA47 - 5.5 - list as higher grade

TTA59 - 5.0 - list as beautiful - note, page 13 missing... (am returning)

TTA64 - 6.0 - described as higher grade

TTA101 - 9.2 - as described