• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst comics within the last 5 years

134 posts in this topic

Nowhere Men.

:sumo:

I haven't read that yet, but I have heard good things, from people whose opinions I trust, because of their extremely high post counts.

So... Elitists?

Those are the worst kind of reviewers.

Not sure what your problem with nowhere men is. The book is fantastic so far. A lot going on and maybe to much for you to read?

Also clone rocks! Non stop action

Trolling because he doesn’t like the Sixth Gun?

To be honest I was gonna mention it too but didn’t want to risk being burned at the stake.

I noticed some nice covers in the Sixth Gun’s seemingly ONE true fan’s CAF gallery some time back. Long before the TV show hype and decided to order the first two trades.

I read the first and haven’t bothered with the second.

Next thing I know it’s the hottest thing going and everyone “loves it”.

Still not enough to make me reach for that second trade though.

no no no ....

Like I said each to their own. I'm not flaming anyone who comments on the book, I actually am calling out that comment as trolling.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot - TV show hype = best book of the century!"

It essentially has nothing to do with critiquing a book (topic of this thread right?). The only thing that hype generally affects are the readers or the speculators not comic creators and what they are producing. Read the sarcasm in and this implies that people who believe hype will believe TSG is the best book in the world

... and therin lies the completely seperate debate about people who buy into hype. The way I see it is that mschmidt probably thinks anyone who buys into any hype is stupid given the tone... so pop the comment, *shields up*, reel them in, thankyouverymuch lol

It's just trolling (shrug) there's no need to get mad :) Either way if there were no trolls, no drama and no hype this place would be ditchwater.

p.s. I don't have my page up on CAF but I got it before the show was announced :cloud9: .... the only thing I am embarrassed about is being a fanboy of something at my age :preach:

Well there is always going to be hype built up for certain titles for a while, its kinda the nature of the business. Could you image marvel selling any of the avenger titles they been running thru lately without the movie being a worldwide hit?

Lets make 5+ titles with avengers or x-men in the title, throw em against the wall, change the artists / writers every 6 issues or so, wait a year look back and see if any of them are still stuck. lol

Memoir was awful, took me a while to remember the title as i was trying my best to forget those 30 wasted minutes

It took you HOW long to read a comic book??

The infinite was pretty sweet.

Not sure if this is sarcastic or not?

I found it had a good premise, the first issue or two was kind of all over the place, and confusing, then it started getting interesting in its last couple issues.

Then, cancelled.

Nowhere Men.

I generally like it. What I don't understand, though, is how it got big on the strength of it's first issue. Not sure how that caused all of the hype.

#1 was okay, but really didn't suck me in. After reading 2-4, I found the series was pretty good. Not amazing, like everyone talks about, but above average, and enjoyable.

Nowhere Men.

I haven't read that yet, but I have heard good things, from people whose opinions I trust, because of their extremely high post counts.

So... Elitists?

Those are the worst kind of reviewers.

Si.

Hell Yeah, Sex,

This sums it up pretty well.

I've only read the first issue so far of Sex, but I don't see why everyone thinks it's so awful. It wasn't great, maybe average, to SLIGHTLY above. I didn't get the impression that it was as bad as people have been saying. No sure why there's so much hate.

Lets make 5+ titles with avengers or x-men in the title, throw em against the wall, change the artists / writers every 6 issues or so, wait a year look back and see if any of them are still stuck. lol

YESSSS!!!!!! That IS what they've been doing!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. And stupid me buys them all.

Not that I don't enjoy reading them, but I find myself thinking (of some of the series) "please just cancel this series so I can stop getting it/reading it."

I get about 40-50 titles a month, which is a mix of Marvel (mostly X-Men and Avengers), and Image, with a few Dark Horse, Avatar, BOOM, DC/Vertigo non superhero, etc.

I really don't cancel titles, unless I absolutely have to for money/space reasons.

-That said, I could barely get through that stupid Deadpool Team-Up series. I actually did only get like 3 or 4 issues of it, and couldn't stand it. AWFUL (not that it was hyped really, though).

-I also got douped into thinking that the Infinity Gautlet 4 issue mini series was a normal comic series. After about 3 pages, it dawned on me that it must have been in their "Junior" or "Young Teens" line. Hard to get through, and pretty awful, even for kids standards.

-Only read #1 so far, but Change by Image was very hard to follow. Can't judge it as a whole until I read the full mini series, but it's either very metaphysical, or very poorly written.

- X-Men Legacy (the one that just ended, with Rogue) was getting painful to read. All it was was Rogue repeating the same lecture, each comic, about what she had to go through, conquer, overcome, to be the person she is. Blah Blah Blah. They actually have like these huge splash pages with her, and just tones of that same dialogue, where she really wasn't saying much (and nothing new ever).

The NEW X-Men Legacy, the one with Xavier's son.

Bought the first issue. Read the first issue. And for the first time, EVER, I took it out of the bag and board I had it in and put it in the garbage. Seriously. Because that's where it belongs. Utter :censored::censored::censored:. I dropped it after the first issue

New 52 Voodoo... first issue was okay, then it did a faceplant so fast that I think it was the first of the cancelled New 52's. Dropped after 3 issues

YESSSS!!!!!! That IS what they've been doing!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. And stupid me buys them all.

Not that I don't enjoy reading them, but I find myself thinking (of some of the series) "please just cancel this series so I can stop getting it/reading it."

Just wait 4 months and they will help out you wallet by cancelling ten, but wait for it, introduce another 12. lol