• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heidi Saha club

24 posts in this topic

I am weighing in on a conversation from months ago.

I was there.

It was creepy.

The backstory about Mom and Dad is even creepier.

Jim Warren's participation in it as well as Forest J. Ackerman's was creepy.

Context: Everything about fandom in 1973 was creepy. The dealers room at the Seuling con in NY had the 500 ugliest boys and men in America there. We hadn't even arrived at a state of arrested development. We were arrested children. Have you read the stuff that was coming out then? It was aimed at intelligent children and to paraphrase C.C.Beck, it was then being read by stupid adults.

Heidi, the Vartinoff sisters, Paty, Maggie and the wives of some dealers who managed to get married (I don't know how) were the only women. Heidi stood out like a beautiful girl in a room full of ugly men. She changed the atmosphere of the whole room. She didn't want to be there. Why would she? She didn't care about Sheena or Vampirella. Only sick male teens who spent too much time living in a fantasy world did.

Today, Heidi is heiding out, not wanting anyone from the old days around her, lightly fearful that someone will stick a mike in her face and ask her for an interview about the good old days. She probably ways three hundred pounds and lives in a trailer. What we do here is really neat, and I love being a part of it. For the most part she has her peace.

Context: Everything about fandom in 1973 was creepy. The dealers room at the Seuling con in NY had the 500 ugliest boys and men in America there.

lol

We hadn't even arrived at a state of arrested development. We were arrested children. Have you read the stuff that was coming out then? It was aimed at intelligent children and to paraphrase C.C.Beck, it was then being read by stupid adults.

lol I'm not entirely sure things have changed...

Today, Heidi is heiding out, not wanting anyone from the old days around her, lightly fearful that someone will stick a mike in her face and ask her for an interview about the good old days. She probably weighs three hundred pounds and lives in a trailer.

This is borderline mean, but funny... If true, I hope she breaks out the Vampirella costume from time to time and puts on a show for the rest of the trailer park. I mean....that would be something to see. But come on, she's probably a fitness trainer with a perfectly toned body and a successful business, etc. (One can hope.)

Thanks for the comments Doo-Hick and especially thanks for taking the note in the way it was intended. I was at the convention of uglies. I was the ugliest one there. Even had someone been able to clean up my pimples, unfizz my hair, drop my extra fat, trim my nose, shorten my horse face and whiten my teeth, I would have still been the ugliest one there. Also, I could have used a sense of fashion. I thought that ugly clothes were stylish. Looks aside I used my personality as birth control. Comic fans were my brothers. They still are.

Heidi would be about 57 now. Hopefully she got some milage out of her good looks and has beautiful children and grandchildren. Her Mom has probably kicked the bucket by now and children everywhere are probably the better off for it. Forry is six feet under. I think Warren is still among us. Maybe he is bed ridden or at the very least in a wheel chair.

Do you think Heidi could hold up a comic series, sort of like Cherry Pop Tart? Heidi takes a threesome. Heidi loses her virginity. Heidi meet Hef. I think it would do rather well.

Bless her and bless her memory. For most of us who never grew up she is the highlight of our teen years. Though she never spoke to any of us she didn't make fun of us either. She was unattainable but there were no rumours on Monday morning about what she did on Friday night. She gave focus to the convention beyond Kaluta, Jones, Wrightson and the other Jones. May the fates be kind to her and her family, except for her mother of course.