• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 10?

30 posts in this topic

I thought this listing was both amusing and misleading:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-181-Bullseye-Elektra-Cgc-will-say-10-0-/261220682474?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cd1f74aea#ht_289wt_1399

I especially love the "Cgc will say 10.0", the condition listed as "nm", and then this:

"I worked at CGC for two years as Grading Department Quality Control"

hm

I thought this listing was both amusing and misleading:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-181-Bullseye-Elektra-Cgc-will-say-10-0-/261220682474?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cd1f74aea#ht_289wt_1399

I especially love the "Cgc will say 10.0", the condition listed as "nm", and then this:

"I worked at CGC for two years as Grading Department Quality Control"

hm

FTFY, and I like how that is the main part of the auction description.

:facepalm:

-slym

I just sent a question asking "Will you guarantee unconditionally this will come back from CGC as a 10? If so, why not do it yourself? If not, why say that at all?"

Anyone want to give odds on me getting a snarky response?

-slym

Heh - got two responses (irony will be seen in just a second) :

Dear pewter4144,

why waste your time and mine like this

- heidi.spidey

and then

Dear pewter4144,

also since I know the grade there is no reason i should spend the money to get it graded. when the buyer gets it graded let them sell for more. then they come back and spend more with me anyways. cant believe you are trolling and randomly commenting. seriously.

- heidi.spidey

:lol: looks like "Heidi" has plenty of time to waste if they can respond to a "troll" twice. (Not gonna say anything about the "then they come back and spend more with me anyways" line, nor the FACT that if this was graded as a 10, they'd make FAR more than $100 - can't argue logically with a scammer, I guess.)

-slym

I just sent a question asking "Will you guarantee unconditionally this will come back from CGC as a 10? If so, why not do it yourself? If not, why say that at all?"

Anyone want to give odds on me getting a snarky response?

-slym

lol

Dear pewter4144,

also since I know the grade there is no reason i should spend the money to get it graded.

Yeah, no reason whatsoever... let's see, a raw DD 181 in high-grade is what, a $30 book? And this seller asking $100... and a CGC blue-label DD181 in 9.8 goes for anywhere from $62.50 to $116 on eBay right now.

So, in theory, a Gem Mint 10 DD 181 could go for $1000??

Yeah, there is no reason for them to do it themself.

:eyeroll:

-slym

Dear pewter4144,

also since I know the grade there is no reason i should spend the money to get it graded.

Yeah, no reason whatsoever... let's see, a raw DD 181 in high-grade is what, a $30 book? And this seller asking $100... and a CGC blue-label DD181 in 9.8 goes for anywhere from $62.50 to $116 on eBay right now.

So, in theory, a Gem Mint 10 DD 181 could go for $1000??

Yeah, there is no reason for them to do it themself.

:eyeroll:

-slym

A lot more than a grand.

From his eBay profile:

"What everyone should know about me

I am a hair stylist in Seattle for over 20 years. Comic Book Collector since forever. I am First Vice President of Comics4Kids, Inc. the non profit that gives comics to kids for free to improve literacy and encourage imagination! www.comics-4-kids.or"

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this "charity" been exposed as a fraud?

So, they have been in WA for over twenty years and yet was on CGC's grading staff for two of those? CGC is in FL, so... something (else) doesn't add up here.

*sigh*

"If liars, cheaters, and thieves would put as much effort into making an honest living as they do trying to come up with new ways to lie, cheat, and steal, they would be rich people."

-slym

Looks like maybe he's trading kids for comics? There is a picture of kids on the auction. hm Just like the typical, local car lot commercial guy who not only feels the need to shout at you, but to use his children as props to sell his lemons.

From his eBay profile:

"What everyone should know about me

I am a hair stylist in Seattle for over 20 years. Comic Book Collector since forever. I am First Vice President of Comics4Kids, Inc. the non profit that gives comics to kids for free to improve literacy and encourage imagination! www.comics-4-kids.or"

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this "charity" been exposed as a fraud?

Wow, the charity seemed cool. If it is a fraud, the folks that would set up something like that are pathetic.