• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOWOUT!: Cosmic Boy's End of May Sale! DC/Marvel Silver & Bronze

179 posts in this topic

Howdy folks,

I've got a long box assortment of raw DC and Marvel Silver & Bronze that I need to clear out.

All of the usual :rulez: apply.

First unconditional :takeit: trumps PMs.

Shipping (US) will be $5 via priority mail for as many books as you grab. Other countries, please contact me ahead of time and we'll discuss options/rates.

Paypal only.

Back cover scans available upon request.

I'll be starting shortly.

Thanks,

--CB

Starting with the DC:

Here's a very soon to be red hot book...

ADVENTURE COMICS #283 [1st Phantom Zone, General Zod] :news:SOLD!

I'm going to conservatively call this a VG. Overall, the front cover is very clean with minor gloss still left. Slight edge and spine wear. A couple of chips. Some foxing on the interior of the covers. Back cover has a stain along the bottom edge, some chipping, edge wear, minor fraying, and a few small tears. Biggest problem is a small tear along the back left edge that digs into roughly the second half of the interior. But it's attached at both staples and presents much nicer than a typical VG from the front. I'll put up a back cover scan on this one as well.

PRICE: $200

adventure283.jpg

adventure283back.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #428 [1st Black Orchid] :news:SOLD!

Solid VG/F copy. Some minor edge wear. Back cover has a vertical fold crease running through the middle.

PRICE: $5 NOW $3.50

adventure428.jpg

ATOM #3 [1st Chronos] :news:SOLD!

PR copy. Cover completely detached from interior. Large tear through front cover. Lots of overall wear. Interior is complete and readable.

PRICE: $8 NOW $6

atom3z.jpg

Okay, throwing in a Charlton for good measure.

BLUE BEETLE (1967) #2 [Origin of the Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)]

G/VG copy. Cover detached at bottom staple. Wear on spine near the detachment. Top staple still attached. Small piece missing/chippage bottom right of front cover. Slight foxing on the back cover.

PRICE: $7 NOW $3.50

bluebeetle.jpg

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #50 :news:SOLD!

Structurally, this is still a very nice, tight book. But it's got some ugly water staining along the edges of the front cover and a healthy amount of the back cover. Other than that, just some minor spine and edge wear. A very readable reader. Probably another G/VG range book.

PRICE: $10 NOW $7.50

bb50.jpg

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #92 [intro Bat-Squad]

Nice FN copy. Structurally tight and presents nicely. Small number written in pencil on back cover. Very minor edge and spine wear. Small scuff on front cover.

PRICE: $12 NOW $6

bb92.jpg

CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN #15

I'm gonna call this a GD+. Structurally, I think it's held together better than that. There are a couple of small tears on the back cover. Moderate spine and edge wear. A couple of creases on the bottom right of the front cover. Cover attached at both staples. Interior is in decent shape and very readable.

PRICE: $18 NOW $9

challengers15.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #295

Nice old 'Tec. Around a G/VG copy, maybe a little higher. Initials in ink on the front cover. A couple of creases (bottom right edge of front cover, vertical near the spine). Minor edge and spine wear. Attached at both staples. Good reader copy.

PRICE: $20 NOW $10

tec295.jpg

FLASH #133

VG copy, possibly a little higher. Structurally, this book is very tight. Minor spine and edge wear. Slight stain in the upper right corner of the front cover.

PRICE: $25 NOW $12.50

flash133.jpg

FLASH #137 [1st Silver Age Vandal Savage; Golden Age Flash appearance]

Pretty decent G/VG copy, possibly a little higher. Biggest issue is some moderate spine wear. Otherwise just some minor edge wear and very slight chipping in a few spots. Pretty tight book structurally.

PRICE: $60 NOW $30

flash137.jpg

FLASH #139 [1st Professor Zoom (Reverse Flash)] :news:SOLD!

PR/FR reader copy. Heavy overall wear. 2" spine split at bottom. A bit of fraying along the edges. Some minor tears throughout (nothing affecting readability). Grease pencil date on cover. Slight spine roll. But it's complete, readable, and still attached (albeit loosely) at both staples.

PRICE: $8

flash139.jpg

GREEN LANTERN #23 [1st Tattooed Man]

GD copy. Moderate edge and spine wear. Full length vertical crease on cover. Minor soiling on back cover. Very slight spine roll.

PRICE: $14 NOW $7

lantern23.jpg

GREEN LANTERN #29 [1st Black Hand]

FR/GD copy. Slight spine roll. Slightly rusty staples. Some staining. Moderate creasing on front cover. Moderate edge and spine wear. Number written in ink on back cover.

PRICE: $12 NOW $6

lantern29.jpg