• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellboy the Fury #3 RI variant

25 posts in this topic

Recalledcomics.com says there are maybe 150 in the wild.

CGC census shows 9 graded, only one 9.8.

The 9.8 is on Ebay right now.

Anyone know anything about this book? Any good ideas on how many there are other than 150? Tell me something about it that will make me NOT try and win this auction!

Well, it is one rarer, and officially NO 9.8's graded now-- the one I bought showed up today in a square box, big enough on the top and bottom but barely long enough for the slab and it was broken right across the beltline, almost bent in half..... starting the process of getting my money back from the seller through ebay/paypal. Don't know yet if the seller will argue or not, but they wouldn't win and they probably know it. Made me sick to look at it--

The box looked bad enough that I took some before I even opened it, and then of course more to send to the seller after I opened it. I may wait until this is resolved to post them, although I suppose it doesn't matter. Can't until I am home later anyway.

Seller just called me and so did UPS. Seller is upset too, but she says she had insurance. She was very pleasant about a bad situation. UPS says to hold it until they get the claim in the next few days and they will send someone to pick it up from me.

And the pix, cause without pix, it didn't happen! It's not terrible, but their is a crease you can feel, and lots of non-color breaking ticks on each side of the middle. Might be pressable, but not by me.

IMG_20130612_122851_548_zps0a0ac454.jpg

IMG_20130612_123334_946_zps78fe8598.jpg

IMG_20130612_123525_941_zpsb9e4add6.jpg

IMG_20130612_123534_238_zpscea7389a.jpg

IMG_20130612_124041_015_zps84c9ce3f.jpg

BrokenHellboy0002_zpsd655b57b.jpg

BrokenHellboy0001_zps114b1d5c.jpg

Gives you more appreciation for those mailers that sellers use made specific for CGC comics. Never had issues with those, and the box used int he pics looks very flimsy, even if there was room around the edges.

Even if I got my money back, that would be the worst feeling knowing you picked up something like that only to see it destroyed like that.

Good luck finding the next one!