• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Vision

4 posts in this topic

Avengers #57 with double covers from a recent lot purchase on E-bay!

Every once and awhile you can get really great deals looking for deals on E-bay. A couple months ago I purchased a Silver Age Lot of about 40 really beat up comics. They were advertised as such and the pictures that were attached confirmed it! Out of the lot though I noticed a copy of Sub-mariner #1 and Avenger #57 (1st Vision App.). There were a couple of other nice books that for the price would be great to have as readers. So even though I had read most or still have high grade copies I just couldn't pass up bidding on the lot.

Ok, I win the lot they arrive and I said to myself, that was a bad purchase :( Most of the books were even worst than the pictures showed in the listing but it's hard to tell sometime.

I couldn't complain the price was still fair, however this past weekend while going though some of the books I noticed that the copy of the Avengers #57 felt a little thicker than it should have. Did I not check it out when I first got it? I think not, I was disappointed that it was actually in the shape as advertised and just tossed it into a box. Well this copy had received 2 covers during production, so even though the exterior cover was a complete mess, the interior cover was very nice. So nice that I now plan to send it to Matt Nelson for pressing and then get an autograph by Stan.

I'm hoping it presses out to a 6.0 or better on the interior cover the exterior the best I can hope for is a 4.0 and I will keep everyone posted on the books journey through each process. See attached pic!

13800.JPG

See more journals by Dre

As a seller on ebay, I'm amazed how little my books/lots go for compared to individual issues sold on the forums. My goal is to move comics from lots I buy that I'm not going to keep in my collection or get graded. So I agree some stuff on ebay is great, just have to find the good sellers who are out there. Congrats on a great find, when that happens, it just keeps you going and taking chances hoping to find another "diamond in the rough"