• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

There should be a thread for this book, but I guess we can't have an individual thread for every great cover (shrug) Too bad, I'd like to see other copies ... Here's mine I bought last year... Took me a long time to find a copy as well. Off being graded at the moment.

UWC7.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

Just love that cover great copy Twisty that's a keeper!

Thanks Jack... :foryou:

I like that WM 12 cover... I bet you someone here has a nice copy... or at least a copy. That 6.5 looks nice.

Edited by Twistty1

Just got these at the Richmond show from Gene.....not sure if I'm going to sell or keep them. The Uncanny 7 I think is staying for certain....an AWESOME Harry Anderson lead story and cool Everett cover. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MA25.jpg

JIUW23.jpg

UT7.jpg

The Men's Adventure #25 is said to be pretty scarce - and that's a great looking copy!

It's super glossy with near white pages.....and the Everett story is prime. It's certainly a great example of the genre. GOD BLESS....

This is probably not quite the right place to ask this, but...

Would anyone know roughly what something like this would go for these days?

voh-port2.jpg

I know there is an incomplete set on ebay, and another dealer trying to sell the individual plates for $35 each.

Thanks for any input. Sorry for the hijack, but I figured it's kind of pre-code related :)

I am loving getting to see all these pre-code horror books here. I spent WAY more time than I should have at work today going through this thread. Especially some of the Witches Tales books!

I know what you mean... During the summer while I was waiting for my son to be born I read this entire thread... lol

Just got these at the Richmond show from Gene.....not sure if I'm going to sell or keep them. The Uncanny 7 I think is staying for certain....an AWESOME Harry Anderson lead story and cool Everett cover. GOD BLESS...

MA25.jpg

Here's the interior to the MA 25 if anyone is interested in looking... (oops, forgot to post the link)

http://goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.ca/2011/11/mens-adventures-25-january1954-cover.html?m=1

Edited by Twistty1

This is probably not quite the right place to ask this, but...

Would anyone know roughly what something like this would go for these days?

voh-port2.jpg

I know there is an incomplete set on ebay, and another dealer trying to sell the individual plates for $35 each.

Thanks for any input. Sorry for the hijack, but I figured it's kind of pre-code related :)

Not at all, Sarfa. No need to spend anywhere near $35 per cover. You should be able to get a complete set anywhere from $15 to $35, with some patience. I believe I got the various cover sets on eBay over time for about those amounts.