• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

Maybe, if the collecting gods are kind to me, after tonight's Heritage auctions I'll have some new additions! :wishluck:

Hmmm. We should talk by PM. No need to bid each other up.

I'm really drawn to the way Whitman draws the women's faces, especially around the eyes.

Yeah, I'm quite drawn to those FACES as well. The way he accentuates the EYES really moves me.

(It is sooo refreshing to see an artist refrain from drawing a large bosom and bare, shapely legs)

Did I say I like the pupils too? :gossip::baiting:

I'm really drawn to the way Whitman draws the women's faces, especially around the eyes.

Yeah, I'm quite drawn to those FACES as well. The way he accentuates the EYES really moves me.

(It is sooo refreshing to see an artist refrain from drawing a large bosom and bare, shapely legs)

Did I say I like the pupils too? :gossip::baiting:

I'm partial to the way he draws knees.

a monster, rare, killer in the esoteric pre-code world....congrats!!!!!!

Steve

Thanks! Now I need a Black Cat 50 and Tomb of Terror 15 to go along with it.

Marnin Rosenberg / CollectorsAssemble.com has a CGC 9.4 Tomb of Terror 15 for sale right now :gossip:

From Thanos of Titan (Thanks!), here's Ghost Comics # 10 with great stories by Jon Belcastro, Bill Bernulis, Jerry Grandenetti (a Dr. Drew Mystery) -

Nice pick up, Scrooge :applause:

Angelo

I've had probably 500 different pre code horrors over the years, but never had a fiction house horror. How are they inside?

Ghost 10 turned out to be a great issue for interior. As mentioned above, there is a story each by Belcastro, Bernulis and Grandenetti (and the fourth story is also well executed). Recall also this is Grandenetti doing his own private Spirit on the Dr. Drew stories. Some of these might actually be reprints from earlier Fiction House books. Here are a page of each from the guys above in order -

41387-Ghost10Belcastro.jpg.ae50986b11158783547c328dd748ebc7.jpg

41388-Ghost10Bernulis.jpg.d9d53209073c74589750b30cb3de6a27.jpg

41389-Ghost10Grandenetti.jpg.88a4a7baec1b13d8c06f1ab21f0223eb.jpg

Ghost 10 turned out to be a great issue for interior. As mentioned above, there is a story each by Belcastro, ...

She-Hulk prototype! That's a very healthy Gorgon.

Thanks for the look inside.

Jack

41387-Ghost10Belcastro.jpg

I noticed just a hint of Eisner in that Grandenetti splash.

Angelo

Yes, something in the perspective of that building.

Thanks for posting Scrooge! :applause:

The building, the case files cascading down like that, there's a whole lot of Eisner in there. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Angelo

There's a lot more of that in the other pages. I'll try and post the complete story tonight.

Meanwhile, in case you missed it the first time, here's a re-posting of another Dr. Drew story by Grandenetti -

Rangers54DrDrewPage1.jpg

Rangers54DrDrewPage2.jpg

Rangers54DrDrewPage3.jpg

Rangers54DrDrewPage4.jpg

Rangers54DrDrewPage5.jpg

Rangers54DrDrewPage6.jpg

Rangers54DrDrewPage7.jpg

Rangers54DrDrewPage8.jpg

Wow, that's like looking at one of my Spirit sections. If you're going to emulate someone's style, why not the best? Thanks, Scrooge. That was very enjoyable and I have a newfound appreciation for Grandenetti's work.

Angelo