• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does Sparkle City always get exorbitant prices for their books?

56 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if they customarily press or "maximize" their books?

i'll be ok with one or the other, but if they press AND maximize them, i'm blocking their stuff on "my ebay."

Not sure what you mean by press AND maximize them... As far as we are concerned pressing = maximization. That is what we mean by maximization.

no worries; you missed my sarcasm. i'm a big fan of y'alls, bid all the time, will continue to do so, and have a hard time thinking of anything i care less about than the revelation you press books. well, i may care less about the comic cavalcade run.

lol! Cool, thanks! We sometimes forget to turn out sarcastometer up a bit while reading the boards.

We appreciate all the kind words and business from everyone!

I loved when I got the Sparkle City catalogs in and the iconic playful animal figures on the covers. :)

The internet has taken a lot of that fun away. :(

Brannon

Mike now works for Best in Comics, which was previously Cash for Comics. I saw him and talked extensively with him last weekend at the WW Philly show

Me too(sold a few books to him in fact). I was under the impression that Best in Comics was affiliated in some way with SC(especially considering all of the great books he had like Marvel 1 and Batman 1).

i'm blocking their stuff on "my ebay."

That's cool. You never bid that much anyway.

be careful that i don't block your FACE!

Just point out that the LSU baseball team could take the Astros. That'll do enough damage.

i'm blocking their stuff on "my ebay."

That's cool. You never bid that much anyway.

be careful that i don't block your FACE!

Just point out that the LSU baseball team could take the Astros. That'll do enough damage.

timing not right for that comment; he's a big tiger fan this weekend while we play the sooners, so i want to keep his support at least for awhile longer.

but i do like your style.

That was a gem last night. Plus, the Astros appear to getting some life in them.

the kid is money. no reason why they shouldn't win this whole thing, but it is baseball, so who knows?

I can't say overall, but the one book I bought from them had been in the slab for about 6 years. I try to stick to books slabbed prior to '08 just to minimize the number of pressed books in my collection, although I'm willing make exceptions for scarce books. You may already know this, but you can look up a book by serial number on the CGC's home page to see on what date it was graded.

the kid is money.

Thanks Billy. But I'm only twenty seven years younger than you.

because i could afford a round trip air ticket from fort lauderdale to nyc in 1978, because i could afford admission to a comic convention, a world's finest 9 and a human torch 12 in 1978, or a combination of all of the above?

I'm a little slow, but Criswell tells me that you must also be a big Rush and BOC fan...

because i could afford a round trip air ticket from fort lauderdale to nyc in 1978, because i could afford admission to a comic convention, a world's finest 9 and a human torch 12 in 1978, or a combination of all of the above?

I'm a little slow, but Criswell tells me that you must also be a big Rush and BOC fan...

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Good or bad?

good-rush-bad-rush.jpg

I have been very impressed with Sparkle City

great service, fast shipping, getting nice books in.

The thing that does it for me is the reminder emails that show what they are offering. That always makes me aware of what is going on and has led to me bidding and winning or driving the price up for them.

Well done Sparkle City, keep up the good work.