• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Ploog??

30 posts in this topic

Reading the Ghost Rider thread,got me thinking about those books again!!

Fun Stuff!! thumbsup2.gif But , my question,does anybody know what happened to Mike Ploog,I remember his art also on frankenstein ,another cool comic,but alas around that time I also started getting out of comics. You know the story, Teenager, girls, etc.

I know what you mean. I'm not sure if he passed away or moved on from comics later. I don't recall reading later, anything about him in any of the magazines such as Alter Ego, Comic Book Artist, etc. also. Maybe somebody on these boards knows the scoop!! confused-smiley-013.gif

I know what you mean. I'm not sure if he passed away or moved on from comics later. I don't recall reading later, anything about him in any of the magazines such as Alter Ego, Comic Book Artist, etc. also. Maybe somebody on these boards knows the scoop!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Hello???? Don't you people read Crossgen! He did the art for Abadazad !

Nope, don't read Cross Gen. might have to check it out, thanks for the link!!

But then again, i don't read to many moderns nowadays other than Magazines such as Alter Ego, Comic Book Marketplace,Scary Monsters,ETC. You get the ideal!! I spend enough on Silver & Golden Age comics as it is!!

I thought about commenting, but decided to leave it to others....

Hey! Haven't read much Marvel - I just forgot to look at the bottom. I mean, I try to be an "uP' kind of guy. Rose colored glasses. Always looking to the skies for inspiration. Keeping the spirits up. High on life and....awww screwit!

I wasn't observant. OK? All right? HUH? Dagnabbit!!!!!! tongue.gif

From what I remember, years ago Ploog started doing storyboards for the motion picture industry as the money was way better than doing comic books. While I don't have a list of all the movies he did storyboards for, two I do know of are John Carpenter's The Thing in which he also did production and concept sketches, and Virus, another sci-fi movie starring Jamie Lee Curtis which was also a comic put out by Dark Horse as a 4 issue mini series and had Ploog covers. As mentioned above he was recently doing the CrossGen book Abadazad until its cancellation.