• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just brought down from the attic

28 posts in this topic

Got any Amazing Spider Man in multiples as you did with Wolverine #1?
About the only thing I can think of offhand is Secret Wars #8... I sent in three, and they came back 9.6/9.6/9.4 all with White pages. The Spectacular #1's came back 8.5 and 7.0 ow/w (that's again where I learned my lesson on grading... besides the Star Wars #1's).

I'm going to have to bring the rest of my books back down in a month or so and sacrifice my game room for a few months to find any others.

"Rick, what would you think about removing that fibre of paper hanging from the bottom left corner and resubmitting it? Maybe he's got a 10?"

tongue.gif Naw, the Top left and bottom left corners had the slightest dings which are allowed in a 9.8 grade. They are pretty small but nonetheless flaws, so CGC dowgraded the book accordingly. tongue.gif

Ricky, just curious here since you had multiple copies to compare. Did the color richness/gloss on the cover of the books pay any part in the grades do you think? Or were they all the same?

How were they stored, in Mylar? Boxes?

Butter.

OK; I'm still learning. tongue.gif

Actually, they'd been up there for a while with polyethylene bags and backing boards.

Yes... I know I got lucky. But I also had wrapped each individual long box in a trash bag with duct tape to keep the air (and anthrax) out.

Ricky seemed VERY impressed with what good shape they were in.

But that might just have been me... tongue.gif

Oh, and I think I'm going to hang on to all four grades of that book... seems like the best way to keep track of the grading variations.