• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Negative Feedbacks?

44 posts in this topic

What's the highest number of negative feedbacks that you've seen on a seller?

I thought I was bad (well I know I have too many), but I was just getting ready to bid on a DVD and checked the sellers feedback and he's got 269 Negs (plus another 358 neutrals)!

I think your guy is worse - the one I was looking at had a lot more positives,

your guy has like a 6% neg/neu percentage.

I have a 1% on my sellers account - don't like it, but understand that there will

always be one guy in a 100 that you can't please, but 1 out of 16? pretty strong.

Report me to Arch and I'll kick you in the shin. mad.gif

Besides.......you're not a big enough wuss to report me to Arch. tongue.gif..... But those that are.......know that they are. smirk.gif

And I'll gladly change my sig line.......question is.....will EVERYONE still know who I'm talking about when I do it? smirk.gif

Have you checked out the announcement boards at Ebay today? In a couple of weeks someone is going to know the percentage of positive unique feedbacks in your profile. So if someone only has 90 percent positives, someone is going to instantly know you have a pretty dang high percentage of negs/neutrals without having to hunt them down in your profile (which can admittedly take awhile if you are one of those sellers/buyers with thousands of feedbacks). I personally am looking forward to people seeing I have over 753 and counting positives with 100 percent positive unique feedback. That seller information box they are going to stick on all auctions is A-Okay in my book, as it will only help sellers like myself.

If you have not seen the information I am talking about, it is worth heading over to Ebays Community section and checking it out.

Regards

Christopher H.

If I had enough junk to sell, I would have joined ebay's powerseller program (I had an average of over 1 thousand in sales for 3 months...so I could have become a bronze powerseller with perfect feedback, would have been cool), but I cannot sustain the numbers needed to keep the powersellers logo next to my ebay name.

I feel this sellers information box is long overdue, even if most of the features aggregate information other buyers/sellers can find on you---puting this info in one easy to look at section of your auction listing is just friggin awesome (I think this new addition to my auction listings will have a tangible effect, all positive, on my sales).

Great way to reward people that have impeccable feedback.

Rick - if I am reading this right, I see no real use in this. The key is percentage of UNIQUE feedback. Ebay states they will as "A line restating the seller's Feedback rating, and showing the percentage of unique positive Feedback reviews that seller has."

This is how I see it - will use me and another as examples. My feedback is as follows:

123 positive

0 Neutral

97 unique positive

1 negative (it was retracted in the comments but of course still there.)

Total feeback number: 124

Total unique positive feedback: 97

Percent of positive UNIQUE feedback: 78%

Take a more telling example. Here is a real-life one from a guy I have bought a lot of posters from and is a 100% class act all the way:

2545 positive

3 Neutral all converted from No Longer Registered

1574 unique positive

0 negative

Total feeback number: 2548

Total unique positive feedback: 97

Percent of positive UNIQUE feedback: 62%

So this guy with zero negatives and about 20 times more feedback than I is 62% vs my 78% with one negative.

I really don't know what can be gleaned from this.

Or am I totally missing the concept? smile.gif