• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Negative Feedbacks?

44 posts in this topic

Only negatives are counted against you. tongue.gif I have 381 positives and 1 neutral. The powersellers program recognizes me as having 100% positive rating tongue.gif

However, i'm not sure how they count the "UNIQUE" part of the feedback system. Hard to tell when I have all positives. confused.gif

Pov, the percentage is based on the number of unique positives divided by the total of unique positives and unique negatives. Do we need MW1 to come in here to explain it to you? mad.gif

Thanks for the link, Rick. It explains more than the ebay announcement page. Here they stae "The percentage is the number of unique positive comments divided by the total unique positive and negative comments." (They are not counting neutrals). So yes, thay would make a 100% for a zero neg seller.

Phew! I hope you can see where I was getting my concern from. grin.gif

Do we need MW1 to come in here to explain it to you?

Hey! Don't frown at me! The only info I had to go by was what Ebay posted and is still up on their Announcements board - "*A line restating the seller's Feedback rating, and showing the percentage of unique positive Feedback reviews that seller has." Nothing about a ratio of unique pos to unique negatives. They just say a percentage of unique positive - which is scary.

Now turn that frown upside down and relax. Relax. Get regular with Re-Lax! shocked.gif

I think you are totally missing this concept smile.gif

I think that they calculate how many % your negatives(unique) are from you unique positives...damn...can't find the words...language barrier

Like this:

your feedback: 97pos-1neg

(97-1)/97x100=98.96% of positive feedbacks

another guy has naturally 100% positive feedback

OK, I'm relaxed. BTW, on the point about unique feedback, why doesn't eBay just count all of them towards your feedback number. Should I be penalized for buying more from dealers that I trust? mad.gif

OK, I'm relaxed. BTW, on the point about unique feedback, why doesn't eBay just count all of them towards your feedback number.

Actually I was wondering that as well. But I was getting afraid to bring it up!!!!!!!! confused.gifmad.giffrown.gifgrin.gif

If they want to really do it right they could do both - easy enough since the base algorithms are apparantly in place.

Beginning in mid-January, eBay will introduce small changes to the seller information on the item page. These changes, shown below, aim to make understanding feedback and finding seller information easier to do. We expect the changes to help new users, especially buyers, learn more about their seller and feedback rating. Below are a few questions and answers about the changes:

Why are we making these changes?

In the past year, community feedback and surveys have shown that members, especially new members, have found that details such as a member's feedback rating and the comments in their feedback profile are difficult to find or understand. Community members also asked for more details about a particular member and for tips to make sure the transaction goes smoothly. These changes are designed to provide a single, easy to find place for important information that is currently available on the site.

What are the main differences?

On the item page, there's a new line that highlights a seller's feedback rating and displays the percentage of positive comments. There's also an easy to find link to the feedback profile page.

A second line displays the seller's registration date and location.

We've also moved links to the contact the seller and see their other items, making these links easier to find.

There's also a link to "Safe Trading Tips" that provides information about protecting yourself when trading on eBay and has links to eBay's help system.

How is the percentage of positive reviews calculated?

The percentage is calculated each time the page is viewed so it includes your latest feedback. The percentage is the number of unique positive comments divided by the total unique positive and negative comments. For example, if you have 1284 unique positive comments and 22 unique negative comments, your percentage would be 1284 divided by 1284+22 or 98.3%. Neutrals are not included in the calculation and the final percentage is rounded where appropriate.

According to the email..it says mid-january, but I guess it will not happen until February confused.gif

Ebay has been lagging. For instance, have any of you seen the "PP (paypal)" logo next to auctions that have been paid with paypal? confused.gif

"So if someone only has 90 percent positives, someone is going to instantly know you have a pretty dang high percentage of negs/neutrals without having to hunt them down in your profile (which can admittedly take awhile if you are one of those sellers/buyers with thousands of feedbacks)."

Did you see the Neg/Neutral search engine that I posted on THIS THREAD? Sure, it takes a few minutes to find the negs/neutrals of someone with thousands of FBs, but that's a lot less time then doing it by yourself! grin.gif (Plus you can see what FB they've received AND what they've given).

It is not active yet, correct?

ebay says: "The Seller Information Box will begin appearing by category within two weeks. It will be introduced to all categories over a period of time."

That means that it's going to depend on category, and therefore we won't know when it hits collectables until we all start getting seller info boxes.

I know I am WAY late to this game, but to answer the original post of the most negative feedbacks, I always like to read the negative feedbacks of "comicage.com"

Those guys are suck complete a**holes. I wanted to buy 3 Hulk comics - issues 296, 297, 299. Bid $3. They wanted to charge me $11 for shipping!! I even called them on the phone and they basically told me if I didn't like it, I shouldn't have bid. Sure, it's true, but it still really got me mad.

So now I take every chance I get (like this one) to bash them. grin.gif

DAM