• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE SENTRY!

21 posts in this topic

And then when they introduced the first "alternate Earth" or "Counter Earth" in Avengers 141-149 the Avengers travelled to the "DC Universe" and faced the JLA who were under the influence of the Serpent Crown. At that point they also had their Wonder Woman ("Princess Power"), Aquaman, Hawkman, Green Arrow and a few others I think. Later when Mark Gruenwald (R.I.P) wrote his classic 12 issue mini-series he took it a step further and did the same thing with DC's villains for the SS to fight.

It's been stated several times that Hyperion is the strongest in the Marvel Universe. Our sun makes him nearly invulnerable. I can't remember what they call "Kryptonite" or how "Krypton" was destroyed though.....I remember reading that when they created Hype and the SS that they stopped just short enough on all the characters to avoid a Cease and Desist.

You skipped Avengers 85-86 which is the first proper introduction of the Squadron Supreme as opposed to the Squadron Sinister, adding more wrinkles. I think Hyperions deal was not another planet in outer space, but a planet in the microverse. I'm sure wikipedia has the answer. :P

You're right - I did skip that. I remember when those 2 books were so hot a couple years back when JMS was doing the Squadron that he never finished.

And you're right! Hyperion's Krypton was destroyed by earth scientists using an atomic microscope or something like that....