• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite story arcs of the last decade

51 posts in this topic

Conquest is the best modern super hero villain. And that story arc is pure awesomeness. For sure one of my all time favorites

I haven't read Invincible... when does the Conquest arc start (issue number) roughly in the series?

Conquest is the best modern super hero villain. And that story arc is pure awesomeness. For sure one of my all time favorites

I haven't read Invincible... when does the Conquest arc start (issue number) roughly in the series?

It won't have any where near the impact if you don't read the series from the start.

It won't have any where near the impact if you don't read the series from the start.

I wouldn't have it any other way (than from the start), but was just curious how long the series took to get to this specific arc. No biggy....

Ah... in that case, around 59 I think. Please read it Ryan, you won't regret it.

I actually want to read it... Gotta get through Echo first (been reading extra slowly lately... my reading comes in bursts). I need to make a reading goal hm

Surprise no one has mention TWD. The Governor arc (27-48) was epic! When he said, (1) "well we feed 'em strangers, stranger" and (2) when he dropped the blade on Rick's hand and (3) the Michonne revenge issue and (4) the "death" issue.... Just amazing reading.

YTLM was great. A little dry in the middle but the last ten issue really hit home.

First Sandman trade is amazing.

Mind MGMT is in a league of its own IMHO.

Rachel rising is also very good.

I could talk about some older stuff, but it would be more than ten years ago. Honorable mention from me though is the Infinity Gauntlet series from the 90's. Still read it often (and the other related series).

I was a big fan of Warlock's original series and other than some guest appearances I thought him being a major player was over until Infinity Gauntlet came out. Loved that story and really liked Warlock and the Infinity Watch. I think this stuff is timeless therefore qualifying as modern :grin:

Another series I really enjoyed was Blue Estate. While technically divided into smaller arcs ( for TPB publication I imagine), it's really one long 12 issue arc, a pulpy humorous crime story with entertaining characters, great art, engaging story and amazing covers. It does climax with the predictable clusterf*** showdown with all the characters at the end, but is a fun ride getting there.