• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you collect sux thread

89 posts in this topic

My biggest gripe is Variant covers craze. Just as someone said previously, it has gotten ridiculous again. In the 90's it became insane and for a while it had died down. People quit trying to buy them for investments and all that. But I see where it has picked up again. Yeah, I have no problem with Cover A or Cover B, or even the dealer incentive covers, but now Marvel has brought it all back. Blank covers, baby covers, Deadpool covers, I don't even care covers.

They seem to have done this once BND started in ASM by issuing at least two variant covers per issue with all being obtainable. All of a sudden ASM numbers are astronomical and they get to tell advertisers that readership is up on Spider-man since the editorial change. I stopped caring as I have no time or desire to track down let alone discover what each variant cover is to a book anymore.

However blank covers are kind of an exception as there is a purpose to them.

Ummm...

Like I said in an earlier post.... I now take it all back. I miss the clone saga.

The TWD show sux!! It's 97% boring. The comic is pretty good, but only relative to how terrible almost all comic writing is. If it were any other medium (excepting perhaps whatever genre Twilight falls into) it'd languish in obscurity.

In all fairness, I don't know how much stock I can put in that. I mean, you like The Flash! :baiting:

Ah, but I don't read that .

So you collect it but you don't read it?

TWD sux.

I have never seen the show or read the comic, but TWD fans around here are extremely obnoxious about the series, and that has made me develop an irrational and baseless hatred for all things TWD.

That can be true but the show and the comic are pretty awesome! You can get the DVDs and compendium 1&2 pretty cheap now. You definitely should (thumbs u

I'm really bored with the whole zombie thing, probably because they're in every video game I've played since 1997.

Marvel price variants and the moronic market people have bought into. doh!

What's the difference between that and the Venom cover? (shrug)

Just the earth and the moon. (shrug)

Pretend I don't know anything and explain it to me. Actually, you don't have to pretend.

Pretend I don't know anything and explain it to me. Actually, you don't have to pretend.

It's the 12th law of douchenomics; What I collect rocks, what you collect sux.

My god look how much better .30c looks instead of .25c.

Marvel tricked readers back in the 70's and collectors are still getting taken for a ride 30 years later. :juggle:

XMEN100_zps5bc314a4.jpeg

100x-men_zps9bf36ba0.jpg

My god look how much better .30c looks instead of .25c.

Marvel tricked readers back in the 70's and collectors are still getting taken for a ride 30 years later. :juggle:

XMEN100_zps5bc314a4.jpeg

100x-men_zps9bf36ba0.jpg

When a premium is paid for a back issue, Marvel doesn't get a cut.

Yeah what is your point? (shrug)

Buyers are paying an extra premium for the same cover years later.

Because fewer were printed and they appear to be harder to find in really nice shape?

You also said Marvel "tricked" people, implying they were benefitting somehow.

Because fewer were printed and they appear to be harder to find in really nice shape?

It is the same cover. :frustrated:

Bold needs no explanation. Come on now. :baiting:

It is the same cover. :frustrated:

Bold needs no explanation. Come on now. :baiting:

I honestly don't get it (shrug)

I was going to say Tarot, but the photos of pale, overweight, Goth vampire chics trying to look sexy is always a great source of laughter around the shop on new book day.

Video games in general and pretty much anything related to them are a vast, near-endless resource of suckage. :)

I am so sad for you. At what age exactly DID you lose all of your fingers in that industrial accident?