• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have an Iron Man #1 in a 9.6 SS

6 posts in this topic

Or I have it, I just don't own it.

What comic book fan doesn't jump at the chance to get a signature from Stan Lee. I knew I needed another book signed by The Man and what better book than Daredevil #2 to finish my complete Daredevil run, but I wasn't the only one to get signatures. Lee K (more on this story later) and RonnyLama both sent me books. In the case of Lee K, a single Marvel Tales of Suspense #65 (I know, Lee K with a Marvel comic) and Four books for RonnyLama (FF 9, FF 16, X-Men 3, and Iron Man #1), this doesn't include the three I wanted signed.

I handed over a total of eight books, two of which are still with CGC, both Lee K's single book and my pride and joy are still not yet in my hands, but I did get my two Daredevil books back along with the four RonnyLama supplied, one of which is a 9.6 copy of Iron Man #1, a book I used to have that I traded in towards my ASM #129, a much lower grade.

Ronnylama's book was a purchased 9.6 universal blue, untouched after cracked. And when it was opened fear overtook RonnyLama as he noticed a missing staple. Fortunately, it was a manufacturing defect, because there never was a staple, the pages underneath were hole less and only held together by the lone upper metal fastener. In this instance I think it makes the book all the cooler. Although I wonder, would the book be a 9.8 if it had the staple in the first place.

So this week as I am training at the new job I have to get to a FedEx office and ship his comic books back to him, not to mention the beautiful 9.8 triple signature copy of X-Men #140 to Lee K (and yet another Marvel issue for the Go-Go king).

All four that RonnyLama turned over were beautiful silver age specimens. They are still jaw dropping gorgeous, but now they are signed by Stan Lee. A couple of them were under that Very Fine/Near Mint designation. Fantastic Four #9 was a Universal 9.0 and returned a SS 9.0 so if a 9.0 SS is good enough for RonnyLama, then it's good enough for me.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

13992.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Thanks for doing that for me.........cannot wait to see them....oh YES....and I was nervous.....not for where it went but for what might happen........Karma works though!!!

PS....I just heard this Tnerb guy is posting "buy it Now" on Ebay for a ridiculous price....dang.....gotta bid.....

Really cool journal.

You remind me of Dean Corso of the Ninth Gate handling Boris Balkan's prized possession... minus the occult overtones.

I think I would be a nervous Nelly in charge of so many Silver Age beauties.

SW3D

In my opinion, I think TNERB could play an excellent Vampire...in the leagues with Boris Karloff or Bela Legosi ...even Christopher Lee.....one of them...His voice CARRIES....either that or be a Gospel Singer in baritone With Ladies in skirts singing in tandum.

Such lovely Silver Age beauties! I can't possibly compare with such gorgeous copies! Congrats Ronnylama! And Tnerb is such a great guy to do those for you!

I just hope the ones I did for Ronnylama in Miami come back what he wants!

:signofftopic:

I was just reading Avengers 30 from 1966. Read a line that reminded me of someone, hmm... "Weapons?? Do you think Goliath will give you a chance to use them? OFF me you fleas! It's my turn now!"