• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School USA!

11 posts in this topic

Just saw a commercial - now this is how to make Archie interesting and funny!

http://www.fox.com/programming/shows/?sh=animation-domination-hd

"HIGH SCHOOL USA! (Premiering Saturday, July 27):

Join the super-positive, millennial students of HIGH SCHOOL USA!, as they confront all the unique challenges of growing up in a modern world. Led by the painfully naïve and always upbeat MARSH MERRIWETHER, there is nothing these kids can’t put a positive spin on, from cyber-bullying to pill-addiction to embarrassing texting incidents. The series features an all-star cast including Vincent Kartheiser (“Mad Men”), Mandy Moore (“Tangled”) and comedian Nathan Barnatt. HIGH SCHOOL USA! is created, written and executive-produced by Dino Stamatopoulos (“Community,” “Mr. Show,” “TV Funhouse,” “Moral Orel”)."

high-school-usa-post.jpg

One thing I don't understand, though. Isn't this awfully close to copyright infringement? Like, my-lawyers-sack-is-tingling kinda close? Unless the Archie folks are involved in this? (shrug)

One thing I don't understand, though. Isn't this awfully close to copyright infringement? Like, my-lawyers-sack-is-tingling kinda close? Unless the Archie folks are involved in this? (shrug)
My girlfriend and I were just discussing this.

I think of it as a Mad Magazine type of thing, and they've been getting away with it for almost 60 years.

Sack tinglings? It's best to get this stuff out in the open...

Sack tingling?

Sack tingling?

biter! :sumo:

Sack tinglings? It's best to get this stuff out in the open...

No way, man. 6 months in a Nepali prison taught me to keep my sack tinglings to myself. :ohnoez: