• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what should I buy

60 posts in this topic

Just recently sold some moderns and looking to get a nice key issue, looking in the 500-1000 dollar range?

Silver age would be my preference and I love xmen, looking for some opinions no bashing please. Any help would be much appreciated

giant size x-men 1 9.0 seems to be around $900. x-men 94, 9.0 around $700. one of those.

Now say I could get a xmen 94 7.0 for about 300, would you take that or

Just go straight for a 9.0. I'm having trouble with should I buy 1 big book or spread it out with mid grades ?

giant size x-men 1 9.0 seems to be around $900. x-men 94, 9.0 around $700. one of those.

Now say I could get a xmen 94 7.0 for about 300, would you take that or

Just go straight for a 9.0. I'm having trouble with should I buy 1 big book or spread it out with mid grades ?

[font:Book Antiqua]Always go for the highest grade your money could buy...[/font]

;)

Besides a xmen #1 it would be #12 or giant sized

I don't own a xmen #1, #94 or giant sized and if anything I really dislike the cover for 94

But my question is do I just grab like a 1-2.0 xmen 1 or spread it out with the other

Mid grade

Also a hulk 181 is also a option

Hulk 181 are a dime a dozen (4,867 in the CGC census, well over 1,000 are 9.0 and above - growing everyday). Unless Wolverine is your favorite character I would stay away from the book until a year after the new movie comes out.

X-men 1 overall is the safest investment (1,734 in the CGC census, ~52 are 9.0 and above), but early and key X-men are good solid books. GSX 1 is also a pretty common book (3,981 in the CGC census, also over 1,000 in 9.0 and above).

It comes down to whether you are starting a collection (many books) or buying key issues in the best grade you can afford.

I prefer to collect key books in lower grades. Safe investments overall for entry price points means I can collect what I love with the least risk possible (comics are always a risk).

You know ,that 90's drek has gotta be worth something someday. hm

I have a few key character New 52 number ones (and sketch variants) I would be happy to sell for your investment purposes! :baiting:

If you've noticed my sig. line,you would know that's not my forte'.

You know ,that 90's drek has gotta be worth something someday. hm

I have a few key character New 52 number ones (and sketch variants) I would be happy to sell for your investment purposes! :baiting:

If you've noticed my sig. line,you would know that's not my forte'.

really? doh!

Hulk 181 are a dime a dozen (4,867 in the CGC census, well over 1,000 are 9.0 and above - growing everyday). Unless Wolverine is your favorite character I would stay away from the book until a year after the new movie comes out.

X-men 1 overall is the safest investment (1,734 in the CGC census, ~52 are 9.0 and above), but early and key X-men are good solid books. GSX 1 is also a pretty common book (3,981 in the CGC census, also over 1,000 in 9.0 and above).

It comes down to whether you are starting a collection (many books) or buying key issues in the best grade you can afford.

I prefer to collect key books in lower grades. Safe investments overall for entry price points means I can collect what I love with the least risk possible (comics are always a risk).

Thank you for the advice, I'm thinking of going mid grade 5.0-7.0s and just grabbing As many as I can. I would rather spend 1000 on multiple books and look at them rather than 1000 on 1 and just look at 1 book. So I'm thinking its a xmen 1 hopefully half decent copy, or just a ton of covers I really like mid grade