• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

link us to the amazon review!

Firstly, let me start by saying I never meant to offend anyone. In fact, I've really tried to keep my cool and maintain a positive outlook on the situation. As for the reference above, my situation is nothing like any violent act that anyone could commit on another person in any way. The reference was a dumb analogy which, in my mind, was so grossly out of proportion to the statement that it would come across as humor which clearly it was not. One of the things that I cherish about this board is that for the most part people are nice, pointed, but nice. I was pissed, and spoke quickly. I'm sorry.

Secondly, I've been enjoying myself a little with this. Mr. Neeley and I have shared the better part of 20 emails back and forth. They've been really pretty good in context to entertainment. In one email, he told me that he'd inadvertently sent me a JIM 83 and if I wanted to keep it I should send him the $750. In several others he tried to sell me other books. He reminded me about the JIM 83 and told me my Groot was on its way (which I have no idea what that means though it likely means he's clipped a Where Monsters Dwell 6 and created a frankentales to astonish 13 to pawn on someone else). They were always very nice and thanked me for my business. I was doing this to see how long it would last and was afraid that if they did stop writing, my money would be gone

At the same time I've had a claim through my CC company and Amazon Payments. Firstly, Amazon sucks for many things, but payments is not one of them. I spoke to a few people and when the appropriate amount of time passed they quickly refunded my money. The other interesting thing is that I was able to put up a review of the purchase on Amazon. It will be posted shortly.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. I have my cash back. I'll miss their droglodite banter, and false promises. I felt like calling their local police, but didn't want to enrage the fury of a couple if ex-cons with no real jobs other than larceny and counterfeiting to speak of.

For the record, the blog was helpful with Amazon. Thanks for doing that.

You made the purchase through Amazon? I missed that the first time around.

So here's the thing: they were approved to accept payments through Amazon payment system. Because I've never dealt with them before, I payed with my AmEx credit card, through the Amazon system. I assume this was so they could take credit cards... Which I felt more comfortable with than PayPal.

I keep looking for the feedback through Amazon. They may have removed them as I can't find it.

Here's what I left (I saved it): Buyer beware. The prices are too good to be believed, because they are. Reprints and facsimiles stapled and glued together. The Comic shop is happy to have as many conversations about why you're not getting what you ordered, but it will never come. Sent me a book cobbled together from parts of other comics. The book was cut from reprints and things that didn't even match. I was taken. Clearly counterfeit. The folks at Amazon were terrific and refunded my money. Be prepared to talk to them if you do business here.

I wouldn't be shocked if they are related.
I would be surprised if they are, but as I alluded earlier, their locations are only a couple hundred miles apart, in the same state. (No offense intended to the millions of good upstanding residents of that state)

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. I have my cash back. I'll miss their droglodite troglodytic banter, and false promises. I felt like calling their local police, but didn't want to enrage the fury of a couple if ex-cons with no real jobs other than larceny and counterfeiting to speak of.

Fixed (thumbs u

Glad to see you got your money back from these scumbags !

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. I have my cash back. I'll miss their droglodite troglodytic banter, and false promises. I felt like calling their local police, but didn't want to enrage the fury of a couple if ex-cons with no real jobs other than larceny and counterfeiting to speak of.

Fixed (thumbs u

Glad to see you got your money back from these scumbags !

+ 1

Hey guys. New user. First let me say thanks a LOT for the information provided on this forum about the Neeley's and the scam site that is www.thehouseofcomics.com. I also attempted to order a comic from this site. I used Amazon checkout as Mr. Hog did just to protect myself in the event of problems.

- Positive: They send out the wrong order very quickly. Excellent speed of delivery for mail fraud I have to say.

- Negative: The books of course WON'T be the ones you order. He promised to send out the correct book and return shipping label for the incorrect order. This never materializes even after constant email contact. He'll sound incredulous after you haven't received the correct issue yet. GASP! "We'll fix that right away sir"! I even offered for him to send out other books instead of the original order just in case he accidentally sold it already and couldn't find it to which he agreed. Those books never came either. At that point I asked for a refund. I'm SUUUUREEE I'll get it from them. Wink wink..nudge nudge...say no more!

Filling out claim with Amazon / CC company as we speak. To which these threads have become an invaluable resource. Again much thanks to the community.

AFTER I get said refund I'll decide if I want to press charges or file a report. He needs to be in jail esp IF the report on the NC DPS site is the same dude. Long rap sheet. Mostly a life of taking other people's stuff with a sprinkle of illegal firearm possession and kidnapping. The Missouri stint seems to match up with the mug shot posted earlier. http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=0569738&listurl=pagelistoffenderabscondsearchresults&listpage=97

Let me know if you need to get ahold of the home address and email account associated with their website. It's legally obtainable and publicly available in like 1 minute, but I don't want to tip them off on the process if they still have the ability to see these posts.

Good luck to everyone in getting their property / money back. I'll post back here after my discussion with Amazon and the CC company.

not a bad rap sheet, but can we get real for a minute?

Who else here is shocked there's only one drug charge on here???

But I guess that's just Missouri, maybe he's got some in NC? (SOrry if someone else already posted about it)

Also, doesn't it seem like a felon who is robbing someone with a gun should get more than 1 year and 8 months?

I'm still surprised that nobody has got the Neely's local police involved.

I think people did, but my guess is that cops there deal with methlabs and child endangerment all day long there.

When someone from another state calls and says "This guy sold me a comic online, and it wasn't the one he said it would be, then he wouldn't give me my money back" it doesn't get the highest priority rating since no one was hurt, no one is in danger, the victims have enough extra money to buy comics (and do not put tax dollars into the local economy), and the crime is barely in their jurisdiction to begin with (mail fraud across state lines). Additionally these types of crime require tons of paperwork and do not usually result in significant penalties.

I'm not defending police inaction (and not even saying its happening), but if the police are 'taking their time' to investigate, its not hard to see why.

Yeah I think the best shot is for Amazon or the CC company to hit their felony limit and work up legal action of their own. Don't know what the limit is but I bet more than one of us used BOA and or Amazon checkout. If that's the case, maybe an appeal can be made to those entities to light a fire under the police. We'll see.

I think people did, but my guess is that cops there deal with methlabs and child endangerment all day long there.

When someone from another state calls and says "This guy sold me a comic online, and it wasn't the one he said it would be, then he wouldn't give me my money back" it doesn't get the highest priority rating since no one was hurt, no one is in danger, the victims have enough extra money to buy comics (and do not put tax dollars into the local economy), and the crime is barely in their jurisdiction to begin with (mail fraud across state lines). Additionally these types of crime require tons of paperwork and do not usually result in significant penalties.

I'm not defending police inaction (and not even saying its happening), but if the police are 'taking their time' to investigate, its not hard to see why.

Maybe the Better Business Bureau is a better choice?

Maybe the Better Business Bureau is a better choice?

Generally speaking, the BBB only targets real businesses, not full blown scams.