• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I would imagine that the primary printing defect that keeps books from achieving mint and gem mint status are bindery tears. Most all of the moderns that i've pulled off the rack that would be 9.8 candidates have some kind of bindery defect. But I'm generally happy with 9.6's and 9.8's off the rack.

Or what do you guys think are the primary defects that keep the majority of all books out of mint condition?

It's almost always bindery tears.

I think its safe to say, this one is more than just a short term blip on the radar. People seem to love this book. Even the regular covers are bringing good money. I'm curious to see if orders go up this month.

if it were just the RRP that was rising in price, then some could probably yell shill and such...but every issue 1-4 is showing some kind of heat. I think the covers are helping to drive sales. Not to mention it's unique.

I think its safe to say, this one is more than just a short term blip on the radar. People seem to love this book. Even the regular covers are bringing good money. I'm curious to see if orders go up this month.

I'm optimistic too, but not quite ready to say that on a book only what, 5 months old? How long was Nowhere Men's reign as the hottest book out there?

I'm optimistic too, but not quite ready to say that on a book only what, 5 months old? How long was Nowhere Men's reign as the hottest book out there?

Nothing like NWM unless they take months to put out the next book.

Especially when the #1 pictured is a first print.

Oh wow, you're right.. damn that's shady as hell. Pic isn't all that good in the first place so hard to see the printing notifications on 2/3.

You know, I've grown accustomed to reprints having different covers, I'm a little disappointed by these reprints.

I don't have any hard evidence but I would bet that Matthew Roberts is killing himself getting the art done for the inside of the book. That doesn't leave any time to come up with fancy new covers every time Image wants to reprint. I would rather the books hit shelves in a timely manner than reprint mania.

2c

You know, I've grown accustomed to reprints having different covers, I'm a little disappointed by these reprints.

I don't have any hard evidence but I would bet that Matthew Roberts is killing himself getting the art done for the inside of the book. That doesn't leave any time to come up with fancy new covers every time Image wants to reprint. I would rather the books hit shelves in a timely manner than reprint mania.

2c

I was trying to hit the +1 key harder than Angelina Jolie in her prime.