• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

There is another one currently at $305: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANIFEST-DESTINY-1-CGC-9-8-LBCC-Sketch-Variant-LONG-BEACH-ONLY-250-1210657003-/281276161539?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417d5d9e03

Is this one being shilled?

I also think that the sales of the LBCC are helping drive the regular and ottley #1 issues. Without $300+ sales then people probably wouldn't be looking to buy the regular covers for $25 each. Of course this is only my opinion as I'm holding onto my copies until I get Ottley to sign some.

It doesn't hurt that the Ottley cover kicks , I snagged a bunch of those too. :headbang:

+1

If we find out the Ottley print run is as low as the LBCC, it should set off an inferno.

There is no way. The confirmed numbers of the LBCC are 250

lol. My guess is there are 5000 ottleys in existence.

I think we would see a lot more on Ebay if that was the case. Currently, there are only 9 Ottley listings on as we speak.

People simply didn't pre-proder these in any large quantity because the window for it was 2 days. The only reason I was able to order the quantity I did was because I hopped on Midtown immediately after reading it the day it came out and ordered 30 from them.

I seriously don't think there was anyone out there besides big shops that had more than 50 of them at any one time.

Edited by ZaCrew

I really wish we had some way to know the ratio of Ottleys to the regular cover.

Heard from the guys at Skybound during LBCC that it was less than 2,500 for the Ottley Variant. Because of the short lead time for ordering.

Very nice.

I almost missed out on the Ottley as I get to my LCS on Wednesday after work. I asked the manager about it just in case and he was able to get me a copy the next week from another store in the chain.

Not sure it's subbing material, but I like it. Definitely two distinct feels from each of the covers for #1.