• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #76

25 posts in this topic

Hi All

Thanks again...I appreciate the debate. No hard feelings....I recognize that each collector has their way of interpreting grades.

I've been around a long time....but have just recently got back to collecting comics and trying to understand the CGC way of grading...

A long time I wrote an article on CBM on grading, pre CGC using a coin-like grading system although I never figured they'd actually encapsulate.

I personally like nice front covers even with some spine splitting....and even enjoy restoration copies, of bought at the "right" price. Some issues are completely out of reach for me.....although I once that pretty much everything...nice Action 1, Det. 27 etc....some may remember me for my "find" the Bethlehem collection.

These days I primarily collect dime novels and story papers and other early items, although I still have some of my pulp collection left.

I'll be back with some more items when I can find the time....grankids and collecting take up much of it. ;) Also working on a Guide Book for Dime novels :)

Happy hunting to all!

Joe Rainone

So, were you in the market to sell the book or slab it? Or just interested in grade perspective?