• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I just tried to send Kav a PM and it went through. I thought that when you are given time off that it was not possible for the suspended to send or receive messages. Maybe the mods took it a step further after the Shadroch thread disruption and changed the password on him or something.

You can send the person a PM, but they will not receive an email alert about the PM nor be able to respond to it.

I just don't get why someone who is in the Hall of Shame would continue to post as if nobody cared.

:shrug:

He's 'cheekless' as we way where I come from.

He makes constant distasteful, bad jokes that anybody should be ashamed of.

Nazis? Yup.

Ill family members? Yup.

Sexually promiscuous jokes? Yup.

Dude has zero manners.

I'm not a violent person or internet tough-guy, nor do I think violence is the answer generally, but some dudes need to take a beating once in their life. Nothing excessive or life-threatening, just enough to give them a little humility, and make them understand that actions have consequences.

I just don't get why someone who is in the Hall of Shame would continue to post as if nobody cared.

Nazis? Yup.

Ill family members? Yup.

Dude has zero manners.

I'm not a violent person or internet tough-guy, nor do I think violence is the answer generally, but some dudes need to take a beating once in their life. Nothing excessive or life-threatening, just enough to give them a little humility, and make them understand that actions have consequences.

I am a firm believer that every child needs a sibling so they can keep each other in check. I was the older of the two of us by three years. My brother outweighed me by about 50-75 lbs by the time we were both in HS. I am 6'1 he is 6'3 with a size 14 shoe. You all do the math. We kept each other in check over the years.

Nazis? Yup.

Ill family members? Yup.

Dude has zero manners.

Gotta agree with you.

Nazis? Yup.

Ill family members? Yup.

Dude has zero manners.

I am a firm believer that every child needs a sibling so they can keep each other in check. I was the older of the two of us by three years. My brother outweighed me by about 50-75 lbs by the time we were both in HS. I am 6'1 he is 6'3 with a size 14 shoe. You all do the math. We kept each other in check over the years.

It`s good to have an older brother or a strong father figure role model in one`s life. (thumbs u

I'm not surprised that Cal and Kav both may have had a bit of a punishment. It is about time. I wonder if that Mask person also had a punishment. The little back and forth with Kav in that thread was a bit annoying.

Looks like it: no Imagemask in the User List just now.

Seems like a lot of these guys are fans of posting the first thing that pops into their heads without any consideration. Yeah, sure, freedom of speech or whatever, but that doesn't alleviate any responsibility to maintain some decorum or propriety. I can't believe anyone would honestly think solarcadet1's comment was acceptable in this forum, or really in any public discourse, but despite having to formulate the thought, type it into the text box, then click "submit" his mental filter never kicked in.

But hey, I heard he's got cool books.

Seems like a lot of these guys are fans of posting the first thing that pops into their heads without any consideration. Yeah, sure, freedom of speech or whatever, but that doesn't alleviate any responsibility to maintain some decorum or propriety. I can't believe anyone would honestly think solarcadet1's comment was acceptable in this forum, or really in any public discourse, but despite having to formulate the thought, type it into the text box, then click "submit" his mental filter never kicked in.

I think they are all foreign editions, thus, " Cüel Bööks "

lol

I'm sure it was deleted but I was trying to see / read what he posted. So I looked up his username and its not there. Is it because of the strike?

The mods would scrub anything that leads to a strike.

No his username isn't on the list of users right now.

Neither is Cal's. hm wristslap?

Kav's name isn't on the user list either. Interesting

:wishluck:

:wishluck::wishluck:

Now, now guys don't be haters. Kav has a 30% (from a very limited poll sampling) approval rating. He can't disappoint his fans!!!!

The obvious answer is to ban the people that make up that 30%.

lol

lol

Nazis? Yup.

Ill family members? Yup.

Dude has zero manners.

It`s good to have an older brother or a strong father figure role model in one`s life. (thumbs u

One who won't be used to make sick, classless joke.

I'm sure it was deleted but I was trying to see / read what he posted. So I looked up his username and its not there. Is it because of the strike?

The mods would scrub anything that leads to a strike.

No his username isn't on the list of users right now.

Neither is Cal's. hm wristslap?

Kav's name isn't on the user list either. Interesting

:wishluck:

:wishluck::wishluck:

Now, now guys don't be haters. Kav has a 30% (from a very limited poll sampling) approval rating. He can't disappoint his fans!!!!

The obvious answer is to ban the people that make up that 30%.

:)

That approach would go a long way towards making the boards a better place. Trolls and troublemakers want the attention. Ignore them and deny them an audience.

However, that's not the way it works on message boards ;)

If this forum started chucking people for being troublemakers (whatever that definition is), at least half this place would be gone. But I guess that comes down to who is defining 'troublemaker', right?

:baiting:

What Jeffro was responding to was shunning, not chucking. Banning people is not the answer, and never is. Shunning simply means ignoring them, and having nothing to do with them, until they improve their behavior.

That approach would go a long way towards making the boards a better place. Trolls and troublemakers want the attention. Ignore them and deny them an audience.

If this forum started chucking people for being troublemakers (whatever that definition is), at least half this place would be gone. But I guess that comes down to who is defining 'troublemaker', right?

What Jeffro was responding to was shunning, not chucking. Banning people is not the answer, and never is. Shunning simply means ignoring them, and having nothing to do with them, until they improve their behavior.

That is why I rarely respond to your comments :baiting:

Yup. Deny them the audience and they will most likely either go away or shape up.

:o

Double umlauts!

:o

Double umlauts!

That' just how Cüel they are.

Nazis? Yup.

Ill family members? Yup.

Dude has zero manners.

Gotta agree with you.

Everybody deserves a feather kick once in their life. :P