• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Sounds just like here. (shrug)

There was a time....long since passed into the mists....when the eBay comics chatboard was all sparkly and new.

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And Comicsgirl showed up.

And then there was Dubbl-T.

Gwentleaf made his way there.

And the Rabid Badger...

Before the CGC boards. Before CBR boards. Before CPG boards, Before STL. Before Valiantfans.

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

:cloud9:

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Yep, many of us migrated here from the eBay Comics Chat Board. (Which no longer exists, by the way.) It certainly was a fun place in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

I used to go in there and start "CGC Graded Pretty Book of the Day" threads.....then sit back and watch all the foaming at the mouth and gnashing of teeth.

It was like hitting a hornets nest with a stick. lol

Wrong board. Manatee/RMA/Sky are talking about the Ebay Live Comics board, you're talking about the Threaded Comic board. The threaded board didn't arrive until several years after the live board. Just an FYI, "so_duh_pop".

It was hard to tell with all the mouth foam flying around. lol

You were like the Calamerica of that board :cloud9:

Whoa!

Do you think I'm pretty?

You're pretty sumthin all right. :makepoint:

Aren't you going to ask me what I'm wearing?

Dude, you've been wearing me out for years.

Whoa!

Do you think I'm pretty?

You're pretty sumthin all right. :makepoint:

Aren't you going to ask me what I'm wearing?

This ?

summer-1987-grateful-dead-t-shirt-80stees.gif

There was a time....long since passed into the mists....when the eBay comics chatboard was all sparkly and new.

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And the Rabid Badger...

Before the CGC boards. Before CBR boards. Before CPG boards, Before STL. Before Valiantfans.

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Yep, many of us migrated here from the eBay Comics Chat Board. (Which no longer exists, by the way.) It certainly was a fun place in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

I used to go in there and start "CGC Graded Pretty Book of the Day" threads.....then sit back and watch all the foaming at the mouth and gnashing of teeth.

Wrong board. Manatee/RMA/Sky are talking about the Ebay Live Comics board, you're talking about the Threaded Comic board. The threaded board didn't arrive until several years after the live board. Just an FYI, "so_duh_pop".

I never had to keep a list.

Anytime I wanted to see a list of jackholes...all I had to do was post a small scan of a CGC 10.0 book....then watch half the teeth gnashers point out the imagined 837 different flaws on it, including those on the back cover (which wasn't shown)....while the other half would report the post for being threatening. lol

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And the Rabid Badger...

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Anytime I wanted to see a list of jackholes...all I had to do was post a small scan of a CGC 10.0 book....then watch half the teeth gnashers point out the imagined 837 different flaws on it, including those on the back cover (which wasn't shown)....while the other half would report the post for being threatening. lol

Dude, don't sell yourself short, you did things that were way worse than that.

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And the Rabid Badger...

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Did all the mouth foam and teeth gnashing hurt your gums?

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And the Rabid Badger...

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Did all the mouth foam and teeth gnashing hurt your gums?

You've confused me with someone else. When the topic of a 10.0 came up, I was the one who posted Borock's quote from Wizard saying "a 10.0 doesn't necessarily have to be perfect..." and that was all I needed to say.

You've confused me with someone else. When the topic of a 10.0 came up, I was the one who posted Borock's quote from Wizard saying "a 10.0 doesn't necessarily have to be perfect..." and that was all I needed to say.

Yeah....that's all you did.

I still think you're pretty.....even when you were gnashing your teeth. lol

Since I knew it was you from the start, I made sure not to gnash much to deny you the satisfaction. I would just point out who and what you are, as warning to the other posters to not take the bait :baiting:

I saw your ninja edit ;)

Since I knew it was you from the start, I made sure not to gnash much to deny you the satisfaction. I would just point out who and what you are, as warning to the other posters to not take the bait :baiting:

Sure thing. You were obviously counting butterflies in the park while posting courteous and helpful information about CGC on the eBay boards. And you must have sent your warnings privately and in Portuguese, Either that...or nobody listened to you over there either. lol

I'm not sure if they are arguing or flirting.

Wait to see if one of them punches the other one in the arm, or pulls the other one's ponytail. Then we'll know.