• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if they are arguing or flirting.

same difference

I enjoy his posts when they're not directed at me lol

I wish I could remember this one exactly: "Whoa, slow down, that's not something you can eat!"

You mean this one?

That's from the day when threads were threads.

Arch even made multiple appearances.

If someone made a thread like that now there would be pernts, three strikes, and five wrists slaps.

But there it sits.

Unlocked.

:sumo:

This place used to be fun...... :(

Things started down hill when the babe test thread got pulled.

Does anyone know what happened to BOC? :(

same difference

I wish I could remember this one exactly: "Whoa, slow down, that's not something you can eat!"

You mean this one?

If someone made a thread like that now there would be pernts, three strikes, and five wrists slaps.

But there it sits.

Unlocked.

'Ares Dawg Pound'

I miss BOC :roflmao:

Tim,I think they are talking about those that still deal with solarcadet1 and other PL,HOS members

People are going to do whatever they feel like whether the rest of the board members agree with it or not. 2c
Says someone who I'm sure is dealing with Solarcadet because... cuël foreign books.

Chucked. Ignored. It's a rocky road when a few on here feel that they set the standards what acceptable behavior is for the group.

Actually, that is exactly what society in general and a "community" does. Speaking out against scammers, rude sellers, guys with shady morals, sociopaths or those that cross way over the line and defend it by saying they were "joking" and showing no remorse (and their buddies that defend them) is not setting the standard for the group no matter how cool their books are.

'Cool books' has been a small group's rallying cry for a little while now. But it seems to be the same people trying to use that to stir the pot versus trying to better the forum.

But that's okay. They'll either get over it - or they won't. There are better things to focus on.

;)

What's worse, the "cool books" rallying cry or the willful ignoring of reprehensible behavior because of the promise of said cool books? Amazing isn't how a person's past transgressions are magically forgotten because they pimp sweet comics to people. The "cool books" meme wouldn't exist if not for a few problem children. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

Jeff, no matter what, you know I respect what you have to say.

But come on. There are people blending in situations where someone is a crook or potential threat to buyers and sellers with their personal vendetta candidates. When the lines get blurred like that, all you get is a powder keg of trouble.

It's one of those situations of while the heat is on, let's throw some more names on the list for good measure. Even someone throwing out 'we know what side you are on' - like there is clear black and white in these situations - is just another attempt at stirring up trouble.

Meanwhile, I'd rather have more discussions about comics, comic TV shows and movies, and the periodic zaniness in the Water Cooler.

Personal vendetta and blurred lines? Stirring trouble? :facepalm:

The guy made many, many hideous memes that should have gotten him banned permanently. You defended him and helped him with his insane conspiracy theories and not once has he showed any remorse or made an attempt at an apology. Deflect and blame others was all that was done.

And what happened when he got back? Sales thread!!! No remorse. No apology but all kinds of people, including quite a few that spoke out against him, buying books and celebrating his return which would be fine if there was any attempt, publicly or not, at making amends.

What conclusion is to be drawn here, other than one hell of a PM PR campaign?

Cool books.

And the issue is not the sellers as they are so obvious to be easily avoided but it is the buyers,and enablers, that brush aside all morally repugnant acts in the pursuit of effing comic books and fully enable these people to excuse their own pathetic behavior. :facepalm:

Spin and dismiss and have fun.

Chucked. Ignored. It's a rocky road when a few on here feel that they set the standards what acceptable behavior is for the group.

Actually, that is exactly what society in general and a "community" does. Speaking out against scammers, rude sellers, guys with shady morals, sociopaths or those that cross way over the line and defend it by saying they were "joking" and showing no remorse (and their buddies that defend them) is not setting the standard for the group no matter how cool their books are.

'Cool books' has been a small group's rallying cry for a little while now. But it seems to be the same people trying to use that to stir the pot versus trying to better the forum.

But that's okay. They'll either get over it - or they won't. There are better things to focus on.

;)

No, actually it is not a small group and it isn't any attempt to stir the pot and of course you know that but thanks for confirming for me which side you call on. lol

And yeah there are many better things to focus on but I like to know who I am dealing with on these boards and after murder memeapolooza, I am firmly in Transplant's camp of never putting any more personal info out there.

One of these days you will learn to ignore him. (thumbs u

It's a possibility.

You've confused me with someone else. When the topic of a 10.0 came up, I was the one who posted Borock's quote from Wizard saying "a 10.0 doesn't necessarily have to be perfect..." and that was all I needed to say.

Yeah....that's all you did.

I still think you're pretty.....even when you were gnashing your teeth. lol

Since I knew it was you from the start, I made sure not to gnash much to deny you the satisfaction. I would just point out who and what you are, as warning to the other posters to not take the bait :baiting:

Sure thing. You were obviously counting butterflies in the park while posting courteous and helpful information about CGC on the eBay boards. And you must have sent your warnings privately and in Portuguese, Either that...or nobody listened to you over there either. lol

This was long, long, LONG after I was gone.

:cloud9:

The 2001-2002 arrivals to the eBay Comics board...ALL MOST of them...were a great pile.

:ohnoez:

(man, I'm really sleepy.)

;)

What's worse, the "cool books" rallying cry or the willful ignoring of reprehensible behavior because of the promise of said cool books? Amazing isn't how a person's past transgressions are magically forgotten because they pimp sweet comics to people. The "cool books" meme wouldn't exist if not for a few problem children. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

But come on. There are people blending in situations where someone is a crook or potential threat to buyers and sellers with their personal vendetta candidates. When the lines get blurred like that, all you get is a powder keg of trouble.

It's one of those situations of while the heat is on, let's throw some more names on the list for good measure. Even someone throwing out 'we know what side you are on' - like there is clear black and white in these situations - is just another attempt at stirring up trouble.

Meanwhile, I'd rather have more discussions about comics, comic TV shows and movies, and the periodic zaniness in the Water Cooler.

Personal vendetta and blurred lines? Stirring trouble? :facepalm:

The guy made many, many hideous memes that should have gotten him banned permanently. You defended him and helped him with his insane conspiracy theories and not once has he showed any remorse or made an attempt at an apology. Deflect and blame others was all that was done.

And what happened when he got back? Sales thread!!! No remorse. No apology but all kinds of people, including quite a few that spoke out against him, buying books and celebrating his return which would be fine if there was any attempt, publicly or not, at making amends.

What conclusion is to be drawn here, other than one hell of a PM PR campaign?

Cool books.

And the issue is not the sellers as they are so obvious to be easily avoided but it is the buyers,and enablers, that brush aside all morally repugnant acts in the pursuit of effing comic books and fully enable these people to excuse their own pathetic behavior. :facepalm:

Spin and dismiss and have fun.

Cool books :cloud9:

;)

It goes beyond the "cool books" group though, which was the group you specified in your post. You can't blame it all on one group. I see people on the other side throwing out jabs as well. How are they helping make the boards a better place. You want the cool books talk to stop? Get rid of those people peddling cool books to cover up their deficiencies.

Could someone clarify what you mean by "cool books group"? I seem to be missing something. (shrug)

Tim,I think they are talking about those that still deal with solarcadet1 and other PL,HOS members

People are going to do whatever they feel like whether the rest of the board members agree with it or not. 2c

That is what folks are upset about.

;)

It goes beyond the "cool books" group though, which was the group you specified in your post. You can't blame it all on one group. I see people on the other side throwing out jabs as well. How are they helping make the boards a better place. You want the cool books talk to stop? Get rid of those people peddling cool books to cover up their deficiencies.

Could someone clarify what you mean by "cool books group"? I seem to be missing something. (shrug)

Last I knew life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are still protected by the Constitution. Free speech too. Even when it's something you don't agree with. :gossip:

;)

Last I knew life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are still protected by the Constitution. Free speech too. Even when it's something you don't agree with. :gossip:

Right., People are free to speak, Solarcadink was free to lie about his father's death, he's free to try and sell, you are free to buy, and people are free to be upset about people continuing to deal with someone whose moral compass pointer is in the shape of a pretzel.

No one can stop anyone from doing anything, including dealing with him or judging people that deal with him.

Personally, I believe the dude to be heinous, which I am free to feel.

Personally, I think he is reprehensible. Now when was the last time you saw me express complete distaste for someone's sorrid existence ?

same difference

You mean this one?

But there it sits.

Unlocked.

I have blissfully and steadfastly ignored the fact that my beloved Domo and L'Enfant Terrible known as "shonuff" are, in fact, the same person, for quite some time now.

I mean, I *know* they are, intellectually.

But my heart just refuses to believe it's true.

:cloud9:

PS. I love Stu and Domo equally. They are among my favorite board members.

:luhv: