• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Um....you do realize that you are showing bigotry.

Here is the definition.

big·ot·ry

noun

noun: bigotry; plural noun: bigotries

bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

The difference is I'm not intolerant of anyone here...I disagree, which is fine. And to a certain level, almost everyone exhibits bigotry.

However, I'll fully admit I disagree and don't hide behind a keyboard. The "circle"...they will not.

Are you saying I hide behind a keyboard because I didn't approach you in Charlotte? What would've been the point? I wasn't going to buy anything from you (shrug)

No, I'm not saying that. I was fully aware that you were at Heroes and I was 100% confident you wouldn't say anything. Which is fine. Had you spoken, I would have been nice, whether you believe it or not.

And believe you me, I have no misperceptions of whether you were going to buy anything or not. I'm smarter than the average bear.

It would be kind of silly to approach you just to reiterate what you already know. I'm sure you would've been just as polite as you are here :)

I'm nice and polite to those who deserve it. There are many here who I truly enjoy and respect. You however...

:roflmao:

meh

I don't care for either of you. :whistle:

Alan Moore is a hack :baiting:

Is he related to Roger?

He wishes, maybe some of Roger's talent would've rubbed off on him.

I agree with whomever has the coolest books.

Whoever is running this thread has some cool books: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7813061#Post7813061

:sorry:

Now, however, we have someone who actually lies about his father dying of cancer...the actual thing, not just a smartass reply to a smartass remark...and where are these people self-righteously decrying solarcadet? Where is the outrage? Where are the posts calling for his head for lying about ACTUAL CANCER to gain sympathy?

Instead, we are met with crickets from those people.

The silence, as they say, is deafening.

The original post in the "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on eBay" thread where joecgcmaniac put together solarcadet1's claims...

Solarcadet1's father's health ordeals

In short, solarcadet1 tried to shame mschmidt by alledging that a Superman 233 CGC 4.5 was a memento of his father, who was a Vietnam vet who died due to exposure to Agent Orange. A few months later, he was bragging about some super rare variant that he had (which turned out to be a foreign version of something else entirely) and claimed to be too busy to post photos because he was on the phone all evening because his father was very sick with cancer.

I was lurking when this originally occurred, and I remember quite a bit of outcry but I don't think anyone suggested a strike or ban. It was a contributing factor to solarcadet1 being added to the Hall of Shame by a vote of 80-19, back on Dec 4, 2013.

poll results for solarcadet1

Unfortunately, his HoS status has had no effect, because of the aforementioned cüel bööks and the willingness of a few to deal with him despite his demonstrated and documented behavior.

Re:solarcadoosh - he keeps SAYING people deal with him. But do we have any confirmed people that do deal with him. All I see is a lot of akhoiw.gif in his "sales" threads whenever he has started them. Someone can say "yeah, I sell a ton and deal with lots of people still deal with me despite being on the HOS"...

Ok, prove it. :popcorn:

doh! Good point, I don't know why I'd take a proven liar's word for it. I suppose he could be making sales on eBay or something else, or just making it all up.

Or maybe the people who defended him because he was able to secure cool books for them are still buying from him? Or maybe the guy who started the poll to have him removed from the HoS might be buying from him? SC specializes in a very niche part of this hobby and some of those books are incredibly difficult to find. I'm sure some of those collectors have zero issue dealing with him.

If I state that I do not like Asians, I could (and would) be labeled a bigot by several here. But the intolerance of my position on that subject, is intolerance on the part of the one who is claiming I am intolerant. Thus making both of us bigots.

mindblown-kramer.gif

What he's saying is that turning the other cheek is a higher road than telling something everyone already knows.

doh! Good point, I don't know why I'd take a proven liar's word for it. I suppose he could be making sales on eBay or something else, or just making it all up.

Or maybe the people who defended him because he was able to secure cool books for them are still buying from him? Or maybe the guy who started the poll to have him removed from the HoS might be buying from him? SC specializes in a very niche part of this hobby and some of those books are incredibly difficult to find. I'm sure some of those collectors have zero issue dealing with him.

Who defended him?

+1

Who defended him?

Oh, there were a few sir...believe it or not.

I mean seriously guys - the cool books stuff is ridiculous. The guy just does not have the type of inventory that supports your ridiculous hypothesis.

lol

00R2JBx.gif

Am I just supposed to sit there and wait for the meme graphic to change...?

imageedit_34_3721526809.gif

I don't think I've seen anyone on these boards "get over" anything the entire time I've been here. 2c

Some of us get over a lot. I've had a difference of opinion with a couple of people as far as a difference of opinion. There have been instances where they say something that seats my opinion as they raise a factor I never considered. Then there are times that they want to be stubborn and that in itself is frustrating. You get over it. I don't wish for the people I've had a difference of opinion on to leave and never come back though. It keeps things interesting.

My only exception is solarcadet. For some reason I believe the cancer lie was more despicable than most of the petty scams we have seen as it plays off of the emotions and sympathy of the community at large rather than an isolated few transactions. I lose complete respect for someone like that. He should walk the floor at Sloan Kettering and see if lying about his dad suffering through cancer to cover up his deficiencies is something to throw around.

So shame on him and those that continue to deal with him. He is the first and only person that I have on my own 'never deal with list' no matter if he is taken off a board list.

Several years ago, Tranny called me a "cancer on these boards."

(He was completely right. Not that there haven't been many, many others who were as bad or worse, but the fact was, I was being a loudmouth jerk who wouldn't let things go and ground my opponents...deservedly or not...into a fine powder over any issue that got stuck in my craw, and if they brought a knife to the fight, I brought a gun. I didn't start it, but I sure as hell made sure I always ended it. And that was pure poison on my part.)

So, I decided to put as my location, being a smartass: "board cancer." (And many people use their location to send subtle smartass messages to those they don't like, often by repeating what others have said to them.)

Several people, especially a certain woman who shall not be named, were in a complete uproar, calling that "completely inappropriate" and "cancer is no laughing matter" and that I should be banned for making light of cancer (I did no such thing, and never, ever would, but try explaining that to the self-righteous.)

I did not agree with them then, and I do not agree with them now, but in the interest of not getting my butt a strike, I bowed to public pressure and changed it.

Now, however, we have someone who actually lies about his father dying of cancer...the actual thing, not just a smartass reply to a smartass remark...and where are these people self-righteously decrying solarcadet? Where is the outrage? Where are the posts calling for his head for lying about ACTUAL CANCER to gain sympathy?

a) there is a definite double standard on these boards

b) you have changed a lot.

FWIW, I got the same crickets whenever I brought up shill bidding amongst our ranks. It is what it is.

I originally started the poll to remove him from the HOS because I questioned the manner of his addition. And I and several others spoke up on our dealings with him, at the time,to show his character wasn't all bad. I mentioned he helped source a book for me with no gain for himself, which became a statement that you've been worrying on like an old dog and his bone.

Tony has done nothing to try and improve his image, quite the opposite actually. Which is why I've stopped commenting on the situation.

However, you can't use me as an example to what's wrong with the world (this little corner anyways) as I have never purchased anything from Tony. Before or after his addition to the list.

I don't think I've seen anyone on these boards "get over" anything the entire time I've been here. 2c

Some of us get over a lot. I've had a difference of opinion with a couple of people as far as a difference of opinion. There have been instances where they say something that seats my opinion as they raise a factor I never considered. Then there are times that they want to be stubborn and that in itself is frustrating. You get over it. I don't wish for the people I've had a difference of opinion on to leave and never come back though. It keeps things interesting.

My only exception is solarcadet. For some reason I believe the cancer lie was more despicable than most of the petty scams we have seen as it plays off of the emotions and sympathy of the community at large rather than an isolated few transactions. I lose complete respect for someone like that. He should walk the floor at Sloan Kettering and see if lying about his dad suffering through cancer to cover up his deficiencies is something to throw around.

So shame on him and those that continue to deal with him. He is the first and only person that I have on my own 'never deal with list' no matter if he is taken off a board list.

Several years ago, Tranny called me a "cancer on these boards."

(He was completely right. Not that there haven't been many, many others who were as bad or worse, but the fact was, I was being a loudmouth jerk who wouldn't let things go and ground my opponents...deservedly or not...into a fine powder over any issue that got stuck in my craw, and if they brought a knife to the fight, I brought a gun. I didn't start it, but I sure as hell made sure I always ended it. And that was pure poison on my part.)

So, I decided to put as my location, being a smartass: "board cancer." (And many people use their location to send subtle smartass messages to those they don't like, often by repeating what others have said to them.)

Several people, especially a certain woman who shall not be named, were in a complete uproar, calling that "completely inappropriate" and "cancer is no laughing matter" and that I should be banned for making light of cancer (I did no such thing, and never, ever would, but try explaining that to the self-righteous.)

I did not agree with them then, and I do not agree with them now, but in the interest of not getting my butt a strike, I bowed to public pressure and changed it.

a) there is a definite double standard on these boards

b) you have changed a lot.

FWIW, I got the same crickets whenever I brought up shill bidding amongst our ranks. It is what it is.

Who is shilling auctions?

I have been outspoken about his cancer comments since the beginning, along with the Concentration Camp comments. I guess that was why I got offered to meet but I declined. Interesting that none of those comments warranted a strike or slap.

Of course, outrage is selective, depending on one's personal feelings about the one making the outrageous comments.

meh

but the fact was, I was being a loudmouth jerk who wouldn't let things go and ground my opponents...deservedly or not...into a fine powder over any issue that got stuck in my craw, and if they brought a knife to the fight, I brought a gun. I didn't start it, but I sure as hell made sure I always ended it.

Growing up, my friends and I used to call this kind of world view as the "Red Sky" syndrome. As in, what color is the sky in the fantasy world you live in.

Another humorous expression we had for it, was "you can't hurt me". Specifically, this kid had been beat up and as the guy who beat him up walked away, he gets up, crying and drooling, and yells "you can't hurt me".

In the internet era, I always found this image to suffice, in this case, the lion would be your "gun" or "finely powdered enemies".

cat-sees-lion-mirror.jpg

I know this is just a cute attempt to "put me in my place" for what you imagine is me "speaking too highly of myself."

I respect your attempt, if not your motive. You do not understand that I am not bragging; what I said above is not to my credit. I can't help but notice that you cut out the sentence immediately following the above, in which I called my behavior pure poison.

You're a newb, so you're not aware of the past. That is forgivable, though you speak of what you do not know, which is never advisable. You do have a habit of speaking on many subjects of which you are not really aware.

However, if you're going to ignore someone...you should probably actually...ya know...IGNORE them, and not respond or refer to the things they say.