• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I like Brock, I like CAL and I like The Resurrection – there must be something wrong with me! lol

(And, no I’m not a die-hard "volemose bene" hippie like Roy! :insane:

image.jpg

I like Brock, I like CAL and I like The Resurrection – there must be something wrong with me! lol

Roy is ignoring me… for now.

Roy tolerates the juveniles. I expose them.

Valiant: thanks for the positive post, but in doing so, you are putting yourself at risk at the many back-stabbers and haters here. Just to be fair to warn you.

I ran out of finger and toes to count how many PM's I got stating something like this:

"CAL you are right, but I don't want to lose my other friends here on this Forum". So I gotta bow out". I managed to save a few of them. Just in case they try to get brave at a later date.

CAL the scorekeeper...

It's 'Murrica, fool.

Big Bill doesn't talk like that.

is this a baseball thread or just the biggest hijacking ever?

We only talk about baseball to avoid this thread finishing too quickly.

:roflmao:

I laughed
So did I, Pat! :hi:
Took me a second

image.jpg

And it's dangerous!!!

ao7fg.jpg

image.jpg

And it's dangerous!!!

ao7fg.jpg

I am trying not to laugh too hard..

I ran out of finger and toes to count how many PM's I got stating something like this:

"CAL you are right, but I don't want to lose my other friends here on this Forum". So I gotta bow out". I managed to save a few of them. Just in case they try to get brave at a later date.

CAL the scorekeeper...

Curious because there is at least another boardie which experienced this and… no, I won’t tell who is! :D

He’s a good friend and I told him he was wrong in his decision to frequent less, but in the end I cannot expect everyone to be patient with others so… the best I can do is to applaud all the good intentions! :applause:

Nonetheless, the hell is paved with these… Probably they are not enough, but they are a good start. hm

EDIT: My english is getting horrible! lol

I've been absent from the forums the last almost two weeks cause I've been busying arranging a real estate transaction, but this thread sure has some funny stuff going on it, enough to get me to post.

1.) the mods are generic accounts, not specific people. The mods post under their regular user names, and switch log-ins to moderate. That is probably the single greatest weakness with this boards lax moderation policies, no accountability. Same way the blue-purple-blue business happens, its a culture of obfuscation and lack of accountability.

2.) someone warning someone about feeding a troll, and then the troll pontificating on it, priceless.

and that covers my two cents, continue with the glory that is Comics General.

I've been absent from the forums the last almost two weeks cause I've been busying arranging a real estate transaction, but this thread sure has some funny stuff going on it, enough to get me to post.

1.) the mods are generic accounts, not specific people. The mods post under their regular user names, and switch log-ins to moderate. That is probably the single greatest weakness with this boards lax moderation policies, no accountability. Same way the blue-purple-blue business happens, its a culture of obfuscation and lack of accountability.

2.) someone warning someone about feeding a troll, and then the troll pontificating on it, priceless.

Your posts are too obscure for my brain. :)

You have made me happy that I turned my signatures back on. The glory of CG will live long after most of the accounts posting here today.

Clearly you have a hard on for Brock and want to chase him off. I've seen similar behavior out of you before and in our back and forth received multiple PMs from a handful of users to be careful what I say to you. You have a reputation around the boards and I'd prefer to not have you set your crosshairs on me so I'll leave this alone.

I like Brock, so shoot me. I don't seem to be alone either.

Why is that one person can be outspoken (CC) and be fine but another (Jeffro) is outspoken and now people are sending you PM's warning you about him? lol

It blows my mind that people have so much venom stored up inside that they choose to send out PM's to other members warning them about others. Do we need someone sending PM's out to tell us who to like and dislike or could we (pretend) to act like adults?

Unlike the PM warriors, and I have a great idea who many are, Jeff will be upfront, and public, about his opinions and dislike of heinous and ridiculous actions.

Too funny what drives people to skulk behind others backs because they disagree with them. lol

And warning people about Jeffro? lol Yeah, one of the nicest, stand up guys here. You should all be afraid of Jeffro.

Clearly you have a hard on for Brock and want to chase him off. I've seen similar behavior out of you before and in our back and forth received multiple PMs from a handful of users to be careful what I say to you. You have a reputation around the boards and I'd prefer to not have you set your crosshairs on me so I'll leave this alone.

I like Brock, so shoot me. I don't seem to be alone either.

Why is that one person can be outspoken (CC) and be fine but another (Jeffro) is outspoken and now people are sending you PM's warning you about him? lol

It blows my mind that people have so much venom stored up inside that they choose to send out PM's to other members warning them about others. Do we need someone sending PM's out to tell us who to like and dislike or could we (pretend) to act like adults?

Unlike the PM warriors, and I have a great idea who many are, Jeff will be upfront, and public, about his opinions and dislike of heinous and ridiculous actions.

Too funny what drives people to skulk behind others backs because they disagree with them. lol

And warning people about Jeffro? lol Yeah, one of the nicest, stand up guys here. You should all be afraid of Jeffro.

I can see your Joner through those jeans.

:) yah, they tend to target specific issues and people who get it, and I tend to beat dead horses a lot. Just summarize it like this:

1.) moderation done on this board needs to change but wont, hiding behind generic anonymous accounts is extremely unprofessional, plus a lot of other verbs and adjectives i wont list.

2.) my sig line makes me laugh, and stuff in this thread relates to it.

Well, I been trying to leave this train-wreck for a while.

My last two posts got deleted by the Mods, so that is the sign to go.

CAL is stubborn during war, but is no fool.

Outta here... :acclaim:

:) yah, they tend to target specific issues and people who get it, and I tend to beat dead horses a lot. Just summarize it like this:

1.) moderation done on this board needs to change but wont, hiding behind generic anonymous accounts is extremely unprofessional, plus a lot of other verbs and adjectives i wont list.

2.) my sig line makes me laugh, and stuff in this thread relates to it.

Thanks for the explanations (I don’t have signatures turned on, I always keep them off on all forums). :)

I guess, the reason for "impersonal" moderation lies in the fact that this board is offered and hosted by a commercial company. If people are not directly involved in the creation or tenure of a personal forum (not the case here) I think it’s just fair people paid (or assigned) to moderate use generic number names.