• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Park, Logan, Bosco... Just stop it already, or take it to PM. I mean seriously, you guys are never going to agree so just throw in the towel.

There was never any intention to agree or sway anyone's opinion.

I'm good.

Well, I guess if I do go to a con to meet boardies, maybe I'd better get me one of these to wear:

ignore.png

Around $25 delivered for a single shirt through customink.

Around $17 each delivered if I order ten. hm

You can even put your board name on the back.

That's better than the one I was going to have made. . . I was going to have "Boardie" on the back, since many of us have our heads buried in comic boxes.

For a fellow not holding a grudge, you sure seem consistent in what you attempt to point out and convince people of. You are stuck in a grudge spinning pool, and can't come out of it. Yet it is okay for one of your supporters to lie about a transaction. That you forgive?

And I get it about your personal picture being used in a meme. That was so wrong, as it means someone had to hunt down your history to track it down. And Rupp paid the price for that with a very long strike. I don't think I have ever seen a two-month suspension before.

But your constant attempts to bring all this up so you can finally convince the mods to just kick people out that you don't agree with is a sickness. You are just too fixated on this to let it go. Yet many of us want to talk about comic books, movies and TV shows about comic books, and also have some fun that isn't about beating people down.

Let it go!

Having a conversation with you is like a Martian talking to a Fungo. (Bonus points for naming where that came from) I have never done or said 90% of the stuff you say I did.

I am not trying to convince anyone to ban anyone and you know that but it gives you something to say as opposed to responding to any point I have made.

I am utterly disappointed that Rupp did not show one ounce of remorse at any point before or after his strike. I am even more disappointed in the "community" not being just a little put off by that. The same community that will dissect a $20 transaction that went bad for 40 pages or the evils/gains of pressing in thread after thread but no big deal over this? That hurts my soul and it disappoints me that more aren't bothered by that as well.

This is all incredibly boring for most people but I absolutely feel better putting it out there. I have owned everything I have said on these boards and my head in the clouds expectations of others doing the same is on me.

There are just some really, really people on these boards. I have to learn to avoid and ignore you and the rest of them. Have a nice life. :foryou:

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't know about any of this stuff until this little airing and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been educated on these events.

For a fellow not holding a grudge, you sure seem consistent in what you attempt to point out and convince people of. You are stuck in a grudge spinning pool, and can't come out of it. Yet it is okay for one of your supporters to lie about a transaction. That you forgive?

And I get it about your personal picture being used in a meme. That was so wrong, as it means someone had to hunt down your history to track it down. And Rupp paid the price for that with a very long strike. I don't think I have ever seen a two-month suspension before.

But your constant attempts to bring all this up so you can finally convince the mods to just kick people out that you don't agree with is a sickness. You are just too fixated on this to let it go. Yet many of us want to talk about comic books, movies and TV shows about comic books, and also have some fun that isn't about beating people down.

Let it go!

Having a conversation with you is like a Martian talking to a Fungo. (Bonus points for naming where that came from) I have never done or said 90% of the stuff you say I did.

I am not trying to convince anyone to ban anyone and you know that but it gives you something to say as opposed to responding to any point I have made.

I am utterly disappointed that Rupp did not show one ounce of remorse at any point before or after his strike. I am even more disappointed in the "community" not being just a little put off by that. The same community that will dissect a $20 transaction that went bad for 40 pages or the evils/gains of pressing in thread after thread but no big deal over this? That hurts my soul and it disappoints me that more aren't bothered by that as well.

This is all incredibly boring for most people but I absolutely feel better putting it out there. I have owned everything I have said on these boards and my head in the clouds expectations of others doing the same is on me.

There are just some really, really people on these boards. I have to learn to avoid and ignore you and the rest of them. Have a nice life. :foryou:

You can keep making this out to be a situation where everyone is wrong but the people you hang with. But you are also part of the problem.

Once Rupp was scolded for posting the PM's from Graham Cracker Comics threatening him for pointing out simple sales rules not being followed (that is the silly truth of why Jamie threatened him - over sales rules being pointed out), it should have been done. The point had been made it is frowned upon posting private messages. Though this has been done repeatedly by many others on the forum.

When it continued on in Comics General, and sales threads, and the probation discussion area, and at one point even in Rupp's sales thread, that had gone way too far. That is on-going instigation. There is no other way to spin this. To then lie about a forum transaction to make it worse when it was actually a positive transaction - there's no excuse for that.

So you can act like you are one of the few that respects the peaceful atmosphere goals of this forum. But when you got yourself involved in those discussions, and continue to, you have added to the problems.

Park, Logan, Bosco... Just stop it already, or take it to PM. I mean seriously, you guys are never going to agree so just throw in the towel.

Pat, I appreciate what you are saying. But having these guys play as if they are the voice of the forum, and in the right, is nothing but trouble brewing. I am never a fan of memes that involve someone's real photo, or killing someone or themselves, or hints of someone's family being involved in a running joke. That ain't cool!

I'll let it go. But the BS about the situation just being Rupp's fault, or any lies I was in on the creation of these stupid memes, needs to stop. That's just meant to instigate a fight.

Bull Durham quotes are the best you can do? I know Crash Davis and you sir are no Crash Davis.

This has been a most excellent week for nerdfights. Just saying.

I'm not a nerd!

ROY.

You sell comics for a living. You're an Ubernerd.

Embrace your nerdiness. Revel in it. Most of my close friends and extended family are nerds, and they're all well above average in honesty, loyalty, helpfulness, intelligence, education, and wicked sense of humor. Some of them are even good looking.

Catrick339, proud nerd since 1970.

(I was 15 or so before I admitted to myself that I liked comic books and science fiction LOTS more than I liked sports)

I was trying to stay out of this, but wow...talk about spin and lies.

Fact: Rupp posted those rule violations in Jamie's threads out of spite, let's not forget that. Yes, Jamie should not have had three simultaneous threads in the same sales section, no one is arguing that.

Fact: the "threat" was telling Rupp to come to his booth at a con and talk to him man to man. An implied threat? I'll concede that. I believe it needs a little context though. Jamie Graham is a man pushing 60 and I know for a fact that his threat did not frighten Rupp for a single second. He outed Jamie's PM threat out of spite with the goal of getting him a strike.

So please don't paint Rupp as an innocent, frightened victim in all of this, because that's just not true.

Casey, I wish you all would please just drop all this.

Arch stated that I would have to take my lumps when I came back... and I'm taking them. I paid the price for laughing at a few of you behind your backs... can't you just take my suspension as the victory that it was for you.

Must you have to continue with this vendetta? Trust me... I get it... you don't like me.

I pulled my time with a healthy, unprecedented two month vacation... and I did it gracefully. Rather than come back here "gun's a blazin"... I just came back to enjoy my friends and my sales threads.

Arch has made it clear that he knows the difference between lumps and instigation. Plus he has made it clear (as noticed with the couple of shill accounts that followed me around upon my return that were using Tiny Pic instigation pics)... that he knows when things go to far.

In case you haven't noticed... I'm not active in this discussion and I haven't been (except to respond to Kav)... nor will I be after this post. Arch has made it clear that this is a "hot potato" subject.

Now before anyone that likes to discuss this incident gets more time off... I urge the lot of you just to let it go.

take it to PM.

You know, there is something to this.

Taking the discussion privately reduces people needing to react differently just because there is audience. I'm betting more problems get worked out in private, esp with a mediator, than do in public arenas.

It worked for you and I. I feel we have been on good terms for years.

There was never any intention to agree or sway anyone's opinion.

I'm good.

Then I get my :popcorn: and see which of you will end up with the ban hammer falling. I have seen this enough times, forum members hit this point of intolerance towards another and the mods remove the most offensive.

Boys,boys boys. Whatever Rupp did(still unclear of whole situation)he paid for it with his time off,now it's time to let it go.I like you all,well Logan.... hm

Naw even Logan :hi: Play nice, or I'll sick Jimmers on you. lol

Boys,boys boys. Whatever Rupp did(still unclear of whole situation)he paid for it with his time off,now it's time to let it go.I like you all,well Logan.... hm

:foryou:

The Jimmers thing did it for me. What a fantastic forumite!

(worship)

:whatev:

yDp2L8L.jpg

Hahahahahaha

Let it go!

You can keep making this out to be a situation where everyone is wrong but the people you hang with. But you are also part of the problem.

Once Rupp was scolded for posting the PM's from Graham Cracker Comics threatening him for pointing out simple sales rules not being followed (that is the silly truth of why Jamie threatened him - over sales rules being pointed out), it should have been done. The point had been made it is frowned upon posting private messages. Though this has been done repeatedly by many others on the forum.

When it continued on in Comics General, and sales threads, and the probation discussion area, and at one point even in Rupp's sales thread, that had gone way too far. That is on-going instigation. There is no other way to spin this. To then lie about a forum transaction to make it worse when it was actually a positive transaction - there's no excuse for that.

So you can act like you are one of the few that respects the peaceful atmosphere goals of this forum. But when you got yourself involved in those discussions, and continue to, you have added to the problems.

This has nothing to do with Graham Crackers and why you keep bringing it up is beyond me???!?? No one has said anything in Rupp's sales threads or really in general about him but you keep saying that. This thread is where it has all came out and I have spoken in direct terms and no passive/aggressive terms and you keep referring to random general stuff. I have explained my feelings, I think, pretty succinctly.

You have latched onto Logan and Rupp's spat over a $10 transaction that was played out in public and are trying to turn it into something else because you have nothing else. That is disingenuous and once again, Martian and fungo.

I am even bored of this mainly because you do everything you can to cloud the issue. Your disingenuousness will win out in the long run because there is no way to have a conversation with you privately or publicly. Mark it down as a win for you if it makes you feel better. lol