• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The label on 9.9 and 10 books

154 posts in this topic

whu hoppen?

Who are you, the girl that took my order at Burger King last time I was there? I asked her about how long it would take to get my order ready as I had to go to the bathroom, and that was the reply I got. Sounded just like that, and it wasn't even a correct reply.

:shrug:

-slym

whu hoppen?

Who are you, the girl that took my order at Burger King last time I was there? I asked her about how long it would take to get my order ready as I had to go to the bathroom, and that was the reply I got. Sounded just like that, and it wasn't even a correct reply.

-slym

whu hoppen?

-slym

ah, shaddap.

hey Speedy D! do you think Flash 175 might get a little interest with the Flash 2016 movie and the possibility that they might race before they become friends just like the Avengers did?

I have almost completed the foreign set im missing a rare 1970 Arabic and 1971 Mexican variant....

its one of my top 4 favorite covers :popcorn:

whu hoppen?

ah, shaddap.

:baiting:

-slym

Is that the OA? or a recreation?

OA, i bought it in 1997

Then what's this?

link

hahahaha!!!!!! :makepoint::roflmao:

Seems you only said it after someone pointed out that it wasn't the OA after all, not at first.

Just showing you how things went down to get to my line of logic & reasoning. Seems others followed the same path on their own.

Thank you for clarifying, though.

(thumbs u

-slym

Saturation is a problem, but only a temporary one. Of whatever issue you pick, there are only x amount available, and that number drops every year, as they are damaged, destroyed, or just somehow rendered uncollectible due to condition. And every year, there are more buyers. At one point, Walking Dead 1 had saturated the market. Only 8,000 people wanted one. Things change.

Wolverine Die cuts, Alpha Flight 1, Valiant 0 issues, The Death of Superman etc etc

and I will keep my copies of all these-- I will definitely someday sell them for more than the cover price I paid, maybe a lot more. In real estate, it is location location location. In comic books, it is condition condition condition.

And I ain't mad at any of you either. I do think our little group is a little harsh sometimes, and while most of us can get over it, I can't help but think we chase someone away every once in a while, and that should not happen.

I disagree with this notion. After the 80s comic collecting changed drastically. When people saw that you could make money off comics, everyone and their mom started buying them in bulk. Then everyone started putting them in plastic bags with cardboard.Gone was the day when kids would buy comics, fold them up, and put them in their back pocket.

One summer I worked for my LCS, he was buying up bulk collections. I literally was counting out hundreds of copies of one book that somebody had purchased at some point in the late 80s/early 90s.

So yes there is a chance that some stuff will be worth money, but I really don't think a book like Osborn is going to be worth a ton down the road.

good point Chris! most of 80s-90s is worthless junk and in 20 more years it will still be the same price...

I laugh when I see slabbed books on Ebay for under $50....

its costs like $50 with slabbing and shipping all together.

You have paid CGC to enshrine a t-u-r-d,,, :whatev:

You mean like someone CGC'ing a 4.5 copy of Superman #233? Yeah, that does seem silly.

the 4.5 was my orginal copy as a kid...im not a 9.8 or slit my wrist kind of guy (thumbs u

how you like me now????

Not very much, to be honest.

People get books slabbed for a variety of reasons - to mock someone else for CGC'ing a book that's not worth the slabbing fee seems hypocritical when you've done the exact same thing yourself.

I didn't really think anyone was being mocked...

Yeah, no mocking at all :doh:

You have paid CGC to enshrine a t-u-r-d,,,

Yea I suppose that is a bit of mocking... missed that comment.

Dude- you said you laugh at people and called it a turd. That was a bit far. I called it drek at the start of thread and realized I was wrong and apologized. Be the bigger person here. Saying you laugh at people is mocking them.

DUDE, re-read the quote (thumbs u

never said i laugh at people. you take it it too personal :makepoint: