• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The label on 9.9 and 10 books

154 posts in this topic

I often put in a low bid on any 10 or even 9.9's that are on Ebay, and usually don't win. Sometimes I do. I like all comics, and I really like 10's. I now have a CGC box almost full of 10's and one almost full of 9.9's. I am a grade snob, and don't buy anything less than a 9.8. I also don't feel the need to explain my collection to some 23 year old that live's in his step-mom's basement and is currently 'exploring his options' about what pizza place to work for, but don't mind saying what I collect. Post up your 9.9's and 10's that are better- I might buy them from you so you can get your 1972 Vega Wagon worked on...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.

Sorry man. Did not mean to offend. Debating the merits of others collections is not helpful.

No offense, but those look like drek. Osborn 1? Really? Probably not even worth what you paid to have it slabbed.

Just saying...

Why would you say that about someone's collectible if it is something they appreciate? That just doesn't even make sense to make a statement like this other than to offend the person sharing their prized books.

Sorry :sorry:

I often put in a low bid on any 10 or even 9.9's that are on Ebay, and usually don't win. Sometimes I do. I like all comics, and I really like 10's. I now have a CGC box almost full of 10's and one almost full of 9.9's. I am a grade snob, and don't buy anything less than a 9.8. I also don't feel the need to explain my collection to some 23 year old that live's in his step-mom's basement and is currently 'exploring his options' about what pizza place to work for, but don't mind saying what I collect. Post up your 9.9's and 10's that are better- I might buy them from you so you can get your 1972 Vega Wagon worked on...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.

lol What do you think this very post is?

lol What do you think this very post is?

:popcorn:

you need to MAN-UP for the NM 98 10.0 for respect :grin:

What books do you wish you had that are below 9.8 since your a "9.8+ or slit your wrist" kind of guy?

I have 25,000 books, and quite a few are below 9.8. But, I won't buy any book that is CGC'ed below 9.8. I won't submit anything that I think is below 9.8 (got an X-Files 1 back that was a 9.6 in my first and only batch of 4 that I have submitted). Anything from the 70's on is available in 9.8, and if I want it, I am willing to wait until it becomes available. As an example, watching for a Night Nurse 1 in 9.8 to become available.

I want the best possible example of a book I can get. If I have the patience to wait, and can afford it, why settle for a lesser grade?
It's a good thing you don't collect foreign editions. In the majority of cases you have to take whatever you can find. There are some foreign books out there that you're lucky to find in any grade let alone anything above 5.0. lol

I want the best possible example of a book I can get. If I have the patience to wait, and can afford it, why settle for a lesser grade?

Well, the answer to that is that you're looking at CGC's grade, not the comic. If you say "I don't buy anything under a 9.8," that's not about the comic, it's about the grade CGC gave the comic. :shrug:

Not to mention the fact that the definition of "best possible example" differs from person to person. if it's just the number on the label, then why even buy 9.8s? Why not just wait for a 10.0 for every comic? You've already established that you have the patience.

What did you do with the 9.6 you got in your first sub?

Kept it. I don't sell. I bought it new, and would not have submitted it if I thought it would be a 9.6. The other 3 were 9.8, so I did ok.

Well, the answer to that is that you're looking at CGC's grade, not the comic. If you say "I don't buy anything under a 9.8," that's not about the comic, it's about the grade CGC gave the comic. :shrug:

Not to mention the fact that the definition of "best possible example" differs from person to person. if it's just the number on the label, then why even buy 9.8s? Why not just wait for a 10.0 for every comic? You've already established that you have the patience.

True dat Speedy D!!!!

Hey you think the Superman-Flash Race books might go up now with Flash movie speculation???? I will have to later on show you my Race Collection ...

So, all you 'buy the book' guys just take whatever is on top at your LCS, not even looking to see if it is wrinkled, creased, or dented on the corners? You don't care what condition it is in?