• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD & Closed

24 posts in this topic

Three books for sale. Avengers #54, 55, and 56. All three are higher grade, with the "hot" #55 being a nice VF/VF+

Asking $475.00 shipped in the US of A. If the lot doesnt sell, I will consider breaking them up and selling individually.

PayPal or money order only.

Scans to follow

Avengers #54. Nice flat book with the most cover gloss of the three. OW pages. 2.00 written lightly and small on the splash page at the bottom in pencil. Small crease lrc corner keeps it from being nicer than a 7.5 I think.

AV54_zps36db25e5.jpg

AV54bc_zps48907aa6.jpg

Avengers #55. Flat, glossy with ow pages. Staples tight, no tears, very minor ncb crease just below Hawkeye's head on the cover. (press?) Only some slight foxing on the cover keeps it from being higher. I would say 8.5

AV55_zpsa2f5d309.jpg

AV55bc_zps32d716ae.jpg

Finally Avengers #56. I was very excited when I pulled this one out at first, but looking it over well to grade I noticed a small chip on the back cover llc. I don't know if the chip was reattached or taped from keeping it from falling off, but there is a very small, thin strip of tape on the inside cover where the chip is. I don't know if this is considered resto, but the small chip could be removed if it is and although the grade would suffer, the book is still gorgeous. If the tape is not resto, I would say it is a 9.0.

AV56_zps1aca0332.jpg

AV55bc_zps9bdf0579.jpg

tape = resto. NIce looking books, congrats on the sale.

Ok, I wasn't sure. It's such a small piece too. I just don't want to mess with it for fear of damaging it. Like I said, it looks like it could easily be removed.

tape = resto. NIce looking books, congrats on the sale.

Ok, I wasn't sure. It's such a small piece too. I just don't want to mess with it for fear of damaging it. Like I said, it looks like it could easily be removed.

I'm not so sure myself. Tape of itself is not restoration, I'm sure it has to do with the purpose and final effect of the tape. The experts would have to explain it.

My gut feeling with tape is that if it was put on the outside bc it would not be resto, so it cannot be resto just because its been placed for the same purpose on the inside bc. 2c

At any rate beautiful book(s) and congrats to both buyer and seller. :)