• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sushi night in Chicago (okay, Park Ridge)

70 posts in this topic

How far away is Park Ridge from Stephens convention center and is everyone jamming into Angelo's mini-van of comicdom? (shrug)

Park Ridge is like 5 minutes away from the con, literally. With traffic it might be 7 minutes.

I need to revise this. Found out that a giant outlet mall opened today just down the street from the convention center. People were waiting in line for an hour or more to get into the exclusive stores. Drive times will be increased because of this, no doubt. On a related note, I wonder if the opening of this place is the reason Wizard decided to have folks only enter through the second floor - allieviating the congestion on the street from holding up traffic to allow people to cross

Outlets, huh. Glad I did not bring the Mrs.

How far away is Park Ridge from Stephens convention center and is everyone jamming into Angelo's mini-van of comicdom? (shrug)

Park Ridge is like 5 minutes away from the con, literally. With traffic it might be 7 minutes.

I need to revise this. Found out that a giant outlet mall opened today just down the street from the convention center. People were waiting in line for an hour or more to get into the exclusive stores. Drive times will be increased because of this, no doubt. On a related note, I wonder if the opening of this place is the reason Wizard decided to have folks only enter through the second floor - allieviating the congestion on the street from holding up traffic to allow people to cross

Sweet, I can walk over after I get bored of the convention.

It's probably not a junk outlet mall.

lol

Isn't that the nickname for the con?

I'm very nearly certain for Sushi Night now, and likely to add my buddy Bill from Dayton Ohio. He's the promoter for the Dayton Gem City Comic Show, a solid little two day show every spring, and he's sharing a booth at the show this year.

Bill,is super cool and a way better addition than Loey. Plus he prob knows how to eat sushi.
I will make you love me.

Wes (electricprune) has been gracious enough to offer a ride to anyone that may need it. After discussing it with him, we've decided that anyone that needs a ride to the dinner, post in this thread or PM me so we know how many there are. I know the following need a ride:

greggy

143ksk

Doc Joe

SPDREYCER

The plan is for those riding with Wes to meet him at the SharpComics booth at 7:30 PM (Brad is sharing booth 1213 with Moondog's). That'll allow enough time in case of delays

ride_with_hitler_zps5973d003.jpg

so you see Joey you need company - I will ride with you! (and I guess Steve and Greggy)

and

love-to-ride-with-you-on-bus-Oprah-Winfrey-quote_zps09cf40d8.jpg

(but if the limo breaks down, I'm waiting for a replacement)

(Is that Greggy in the background?)