• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trapped

6 posts in this topic

Better Safe than Sorry

After deciding to go to Hawaii I needed to take care pf a few things, first and foremost was the care of my cat. On a previous trip I had someone come into my home and watch him. I was lucky enough that she stopped by twice a day. This also put my mind at ease because if someone was watching my home then they wouldn't know when I was there. This trip I had no help and no such illusions.

After making sure my cat was taken care of I decided that even though my comic books are insured I may like to take an extra precaution, and I did. I took nine of my comic books, seven for financial reasons and two that I just love. Unfortunately a safety deposit box to accommodate the nine I chose was not available. I opted for two boxes. I felt safe that if I lost every other book I would still have these nine to start my collection all over again.

After returning and retrieving my cat I started to get some things done, something I should be doing now but opted to write instead, I have been absent after all. I went to my safety deposit boxes and ended my contract with the bank. After getting the one box, the other wouldn't open. It was jammed. I didn't panic. I know the bank will make due, but now I have to wait until a company can come out and drill the lock. I brought home four of the nine I locked away, but I never thought that the other five would remain behind encapsulated in cold steel silently begging for release, trapped.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14122.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Wow you go to extremes to safe guard your collection. But I understand.

Just curious... Couldn't you leave those 9 in your Dad's care?

I hope you set those other ones free!

SW3D

Come on... you know he would never do that. He knows how much you love comics.

Next time put them in his care and you'll save yourself some monies for more comics or towards paying bills.

SW3D

I save frivolously when I do get that chance. The only reason I let myself get so strapped was the vacation (and well worth it) the box itself wasn't going to cost me much at all. I used a box over my fathers for a couple reasons. One, it was a last minute decision and the bank was closer, two I already knew my insurance would cover my comics in a safety deposit box. I was unsure if they would be covered under someone else's home, regardless if parentage. They are still safe and still insured so I'm ok. Not to mention I'm not getting charged while they are in there for the moment. Now, lets see what I can do about Baltimore.