• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random MMO Question..EQNext

25 posts in this topic

The EQ Next Landmark looks like the way to go for me. I can't contribute the focus time that a full blown MMO requires. But a sandbox like minecraft with actual good graphics. That is the hotness.

I use to play EQ1 on the Bertoxxulous server in 1998. I would love to play but just don't think I can find the time anymore for MMOs. I remember 8-12 hour raids in Vex Thal and long corpse runs if you wipe. Playing with no voice comms like teamspeak or ventrilo and raiding...those were the days.

I play a little bit of Eve Online now and then when I have the time which is a sandbox mmo.

Minecraft :cloud9:

I need to check on my world and get lost in there again. I got "trapped" under the surface one time and literally was feeling claustrophobic lol - it's easy to get lost under-ground - I like playing with enemies turned off just so I can craft. I never used a mod pack to change things around, but have seen somekiller stuff others have made.

I use to play EQ1 on the Bertoxxulous server in 1998. I would love to play but just don't think I can find the time anymore for MMOs. I remember 8-12 hour raids in Vex Thal and long corpse runs if you wipe. Playing with no voice comms like teamspeak or ventrilo and raiding...those were the days.

I play a little bit of Eve Online now and then when I have the time which is a sandbox mmo.

+1 The Nameless then split to Maelin Starpyre here. 99-04 I long to have that kind of time again. I will just have to wait until retirement! I remember 5 boxing to get my Vex Thal key. Alt+Tab galore.

O I know a fun game. List what MMO's you all tried. Out of all of them Everequest was hands down some of the best time I have ever spent in an online game. Everything went down hill after the introduction of WoW.

Everquest

WoW

City of Hero's

Aion

Lineage 2

Silk Road

Tera

Planet Side 1/2

Everquest 2

Vanguard

Age of Conan

Battle of the Immortals

Warhammer

SWTOR

Requim

Vindictus

Dragon Nest

Rift

I used to play on the Tunare server..Shadow Knight. I raided like hell and was Time Flagged. I just applied for Beta and I hope I get in. I play League of Legends now. I hated it at 1st but I can deal with it now and its free.

+1 The Nameless then split to Maelin Starpyre here. 99-04 I long to have that kind of time again. I will just have to wait until retirement! I remember 5 boxing to get my Vex Thal key. Alt+Tab galore.

I used to play on the Tunare server..Shadow Knight. I raided like hell and was Time Flagged. I just applied for Beta and I hope I get in. I play League of Legends now. I hated it at 1st but I can deal with it now and its free.

5 boxing? Nice :smile:. I raided like crazy as well from 98-03 as a Rainja. I had my epics but they were replaced with if I remember a Vex Thal and a PoP drop. I really had a great time playing.

It isn't like today. All MMOs have quests to gain exp. Back then in EQ, you had to go to a zone and ask for a camp check. If something was opened you would start a group at zone. If nothing was opened, you would see if there were spots available. At the time, it really was a more social game than the MMOs of today. You would grab a camp spot and just chat and pull and kill and repeat. It wasn't really a grind (except for those hell levels) because of the social aspect.

A few months ago I resubbed to check EQ out. I went back to Iceland Ocean (?) Zone to try to finally grab my Eyepatch of Plunder. I really didn't need it but I did it for the principal of it. I camped Stormfeather for hours back then and never could get him. I found him on my track, killed him and finally got my Eyepatch.

I haven't played since. Back when I was 20 and single, I could raid and play all day. Now I am 34 and just can't commit because I am chasing my 17 month old son around (and the rare rare occasion my wife :thumbsup:).

All i remember from my EQ days was getting PK'd, Losing tons of XP, and begging people to grab mobs so i could grab my damn body...... not fun at all but i miss it lol. DONT START ABOUT CRAFTING TOO!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!. After see all this i started playing GW2 for some pvp damn I am rusty lol

O I know a fun game. List what MMO's you all tried. Out of all of them Everequest was hands down some of the best time I have ever spent in an online game. Everything went down hill after the introduction of WoW.

My List

Everquest (Played Alot)

Dark Age of Camelot

Anarchy Online beta

Star Wars Galaxies (Played Alot)

City of Heroes

WOW Beta

Guild Wars

Matrix Online

Everquest 2

LOTR Beta

Pirates of the Burning Sea (Really Enjoyed this)

Champions Online

Vanguard

Age of Conan

Warhammer

Star Trek Online

SWTOR

Vindictus

Eve Online (Atm just updating Buy/Sell Orders every few days or Hauling for quick ISK)

I really liked eq1 I didn't mind zoning in and say../shout Camp Check! My favorite was having a train behind me screaming Choo Choo move it or lose it and feign death!

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen on eq1 was a bard kite the who damn zone!

Ha! I miss the train to zone. I had a macro key set to say it especially when I had to pull in my groups the majority of the time (unless we had a Monk).

Bards were pretty cool and a class that everyone wanted in a group. I wanted to roll one but didn't have the time because of raiding. "Twisting" songs looked fun.

If I remember, a good camping group would have been

1) Cleric

2) Warrior

3) Enchanter

4) Rogue / Monk

5) DPS

6) DPS

Once Rainja's got trueshot, it was easier getting a pug. However, with my guild at the time, I rarely had to get into a pug when Velious and PoP came out.

Nooooo

Shadow Knight - can pull, dot and slow

Cleric - Heals

Enchanter - KEI, haste, crowd control,

Wizard - nukes

Rogue - dps

Bard - dps, cc, haste, run speed, mezz, stun (GOD)

This group would be impossible to train.