• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wanted Poster

69 posts in this topic

I don't believe any dealer has a copy.

I'm trying to reach some old collector who's had it in his cupboard for forty years.

Great thinking Ian, cause I'm sure that old collector will just happen to pick that copy of CBM with your ad in it and was just waiting for the opportunity to sell his NA#26. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You rock! thumbsup2.gif

I don't believe any dealer has a copy.

I'm trying to reach some old collector who's had it in his cupboard for forty years.

Great thinking Ian, cause I'm sure that old collector will just happen to pick that copy of CBM with your ad in it and was just waiting for the opportunity to sell his NA#26. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You rock! thumbsup2.gif

screwy.gif

Said the pot to the kettle......

I really like Tom Murnane. He knows his stuff, and he sticks up for what he believes in.

A man after my own heart.

He found me a pic of a second Con-Edison "Adventures With The DC Super Heroes" that I didn't even KNOW about.

SERIOUS REPSECT TO THE MAN.

Nice ad, but I would simply say that "I am willing to pay a premium for this book in any condition" rather than paint yourself into a corner by using specific multiples of guide.

The point you're all missing is that if I find a VG, then even at triple guide, it's still only going to cost me $1500.

There's a HUGE difference between triple guide for an average copy, and an obscene ten times guide for a high grade unslabbed unverified copy.

Nice ad, but I would simply say that "I am willing to pay a premium for this book in any condition" rather than paint yourself into a corner by using specific multiples of guide.

The point you're all missing is that if I find a VG, then even at triple guide, it's still only going to cost me $1500.

There's a HUGE difference between triple guide for an average copy, and an obscene ten times guide for a high grade unslabbed unverified copy.

Unverified? Does that mean the book is in Denmark?

Nice ad Ian.

How big will it end up being? The reason I ask is because I can not read the bottom section.

Just from past experience I would put the ad in some other publication besides CBG. Try something that gets around more. Your being limited with CBG. Only true comic collectors will see the ad. I don't believe you will have much suscess with CBG if your trying to find books that are with non-collectors. CBG is a good start but not for what your trying to get. I guess it would be worth a try just to see what might turn up. But I'd consider some other avenues.

OT question: Are you looking for old Doctor Who shows? If not then just disregard this question.

nice ad....you dont care that people are going to see this as an opportunity to rip you off price-wise?

Anyone who thinks that he will get MORE than 3X guide for this is a fool, and should get stuck holding onto it. Ian is being generous, and the seller will get a nice price for a book not in high demand.

nice ad....you dont care that people are going to see this as an opportunity to rip you off price-wise?

Anyone who thinks that he will get MORE than 3X guide for this is a fool, and should get stuck holding onto it. Ian is being generous, and the seller will get a nice price for a book not in high demand.

yeah I think that is the thing that everyone is missing. Ian maybe the only person in the world that really wants this book right now. No one else even cares about it...If you try and screw over the 1 person who would buy the book at all much less at a premium you are going to be stuck with a copy of a book that no one wants...might as well be a turok #1 at that point. No one wants it and the only person that did you tried to screw over.Of course comic book dealers are not exactly the logical type. Good Luck Ian...I really hope that you find this book...however I dont think that it will be because of this ad..

yeah I think that is the thing that everyone is missing. Ian maybe the only person in the world that really wants this book right now. No one else even cares about it...If you try and screw over the 1 person who would buy the book at all much less at a premium you are going to be stuck with a copy of a book that no one wants...might as well be a turok #1 at that point. No one wants it and the only person that did you tried to screw over.Of course comic book dealers are not exactly the logical type. Good Luck Ian...I really hope that you find this book...however I dont think that it will be because of this ad..

Speaking of which, Ian, are you ever going to tell us who is holding the New Adventure #26 hostage? Maybe some pressure from board members who might also be his customers could help? confused-smiley-013.gif It worked last time with the DA#2. S'all I'm saying.

That was exactly my motive,

If they want a generous and more than fair price, then I'll pay it.

If they get greedy like dealer X did, then they can stick it.

Why do you think that someone is holding the book hostage? The owner doesn't want to sell for less.There are several others trying to complete the set and this appears to be the only copy around. Sellers market and all that.

If you really think pressure from the boards had anything positive to do with the DA#2,well lets just say I don't want to revisit that fiasco.Theres still alot of bad blood just under the surface from that one,I think.

Thats a very nice ad,I hope it brings success.

Speaking of which, Ian, are you ever going to tell us who is holding the New Adventure #26 hostage? Maybe some pressure from board members who might also be his customers could help? confused-smiley-013.gif It worked last time with the DA#2. S'all I'm saying.

No, because I don't want another war.

Therefore I'm not going to "out" the dealer.

If in six months I still haven't gotten a copy, I may have to reluctantly crawl back to him.

If I've publicly criticised him, then I will have forever burnt that bridge.

Lets just say that I have learned my lesson from previous wheels in motion