• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did pressing a comic before every sub become the norm?

923 posts in this topic

People just vilify it because of the potential dollars and cents involved. If it was over $1 incentives, nobody would ever care whether a book was pressed or not. It's because there can be $100's and $1000's involved that it's controversial.

:facepalm:

The people I communicate with regarding this issue who are anti-pressing never raise this as a reason.

Revisionism 101.

People just vilify it because of the potential dollars and cents involved. If it was over $1 incentives, nobody would ever care whether a book was pressed or not. It's because there can be $100's and $1000's involved that it's controversial.

The people I communicate with regarding this issue who are anti-pressing never raise this as a reason.

Revisionism 101.

It's not revisionism. Ultimately, it's always about the money.

The price spread between pressed/unpressed books would probably completely disappear if people who didn't want pressed books would pay the "next grade price" for an unpressed book.

If you want to stop pressing incentive, then the easiest way to do it is to pay the "pressed price" for unpressed books.

I do, but unfortunately, I'm in the minority.

:foryou:

:blush:

Oh great, seeing OIB show up is like seeing conditionfreak show up in a "gay superheroes" thread. You just know that eventually he'll say something really stupid.

If you've never met originalisbest, he is genuinely one of the nicest and more intelligent people you will ever meet in this hobby. He's often helping Bob Storms at various shows.

Your comment is really uncalled for but I suppose based on your posts, it's tough to expect more from you.

Revisionism 101.

It's bloody not and it never bloody has been for most. :makepoint:

It's revisionism because the real reasons have been stated here many times over by many boarders...and you've been here to hear them.

But you have now chosen to ignore what has actually been said by many anti-pressers and instead have put your own spin on it.

I can appreciate anyone who states passionate feelings about pressing. But, it's here to stay. Hopefully the long-term effects are nil (I have a few pressed books in my collection that are raw - the 1st one being done 3 years ago with no changes to PQ.)

Oh great, seeing OIB show up is like seeing conditionfreak show up in a "gay superheroes" thread. You just know that eventually he'll say something really stupid.

If you've never met originalisbest, he is genuinely one of the nicest and more intelligent people you will ever meet in this hobby. He's often helping Bob Storms at various shows.

Be that as it may, but he's a real douschenozzle on this board.

Your comment is really uncalled for but I suppose based on your posts, it's tough to expect more from you.

"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use".

Revisionism 101.

Based on that argument, you could say the same about micro-trimming then, back in the time when CGC was unable to detect it, nobody would care if it was not about money ?

Revisionism 101.

As someone who always seems to want to see all sides, it's curious that you can't see that it may not always be about only the money. There are few absolutes

Revisionism 101.

It's bloody not and it never bloody has been for most. :makepoint:

It's revisionism because the real reasons have been stated here many times over by many boarders...and you've been here to hear them.

But you have now chosen to ignore what has actually been said by many anti-pressers and instead have put your own spin on it.

My man. :foryou:

If you really believe I'm ignoring facts you don't know me. If I am, I'm not doing it willfully.

I just think often people don't realize that it's about the money because they don't follow what they're saying to the final conclusion. It's the way I see it has unfolded.

Most outrage in almost anything is not over money, it's over big money.

Are people really outraged over unbending paper fibers?

Revisionism 101.

As someone who always seems to want to see all sides, it's curious that you can't see that it may not always be about only the money. There are few absolutes

All generalizations are wrong.

Revisionism 101.

(thumbs u

It's only about the money to those that profit from the practice. Roy knows this...yet continues to state otherwise....time...and time...and time...again. :tonofbricks:

Revisionism 101.

(thumbs u

It's only about the money to those that profit from the practice. Roy knows this...yet continues to state otherwise....time...and time...and time...again. :tonofbricks:

I think it's fair to say that most ( not all ) people who get books pressed do it for the potential uptick in grade / money.

Be that as it may, but he's a real douschenozzle on this board.

"Honesty is my only excuse, try to rob me of it but it's no use".

Not my experience w/Bob on these boards. (shrug) He's sarcastic and sometimes short and biting, but a dnozzle?

Revisionism 101.

Based on that argument, you could say the same about micro-pressing then, back in the time when CGC was unable to detect it, nobody would care if it was not about money ?

Did you mean micro-trimming?

Based on that argument, you could say the same about micro-pressing then, back in the time when CGC was unable to detect it, nobody would care if it was not about money ?

I think you mean trimming. :foryou:

Trimming is different. It's not benign. It's aggressive and quantitatively changes the book. Pressing doesn't.

I think I stillrecognize both sides, but ultimately, it's the big dollars that create the big disagreements. At least that's how I'm processing everything I've read about the subject until now.

Like i said, are people really getting a hate on for each other because paper fibers are being bent or unbent?

If they are then the same outrage directed at those that press should also be directing their anger at people who put bends and wrinkles into their comics because the paper fibers are being changed.

That's what it boils down to for me.

We're all different trying to have a discussion. I'm just sharing how I see it.