• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor #183, 9.8

22 posts in this topic

oh, the white spine! JK! yay.gif

I would probably buy a 8.5-9.4 for a fraction of the price - that's just me.

I was thinking the same thing about the spine and I'm not a huge QP freak but if I'm paying 9.8 money than the QP better be damn good. Just another note there are 76 copies CGC 9.2 and up.

I think this may have been a Mile High II there are 19 9.8's in the census I would skip it there are like 34 9.6's also...

Actually there is only 1 at 9.8, none at 9.6 and 1 at 9.4. I'm sure there are more high grade ones out there but this is such a beautiful cover. Does that change your opinion at all? Let's see what kind of last minute impulse takes me over tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing about the spine and I'm not a huge QP freak but if I'm paying 9.8 money than the QP better be damn good. Just another note there are 76 copies CGC 9.2 and up.

76 copies? Are we talking about the same book?

Forget about it!!!

Not to start this type of rant again, but it always surprises me to see so much money being spent on a non-key, fairly common in high-grade book.

A perfect example is the Where the Creatures Roam #7 in CGC 9.9 originally bought on ComicLink for $680 (by a forum member) and now on PedigreeComics. I love high-grade books, but that's probably a $5-10 in unslabbed NM- The ONLY THING that makes that book worth much is the 9.9 ON THE LABEL.

If there was NO SUCH THING AS CGC yet, and say a NM copy of Tomb of Dracula #10 (the first Blade) was right next to this Where the Creatures Roam (which is an absolutely Perfect book), which would you buy (if the price was the same).

I'm pretty sure everybody would say the Tomb of Dracula #10, yet because of CGC the 9.9 is SUPPOSEDLY more valuable.

sign-rantpost.gif

Obviously... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif... Mephisto wants the book and is just trying to throw you off...

Obviously... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif... Mephisto wants the book and is just trying to throw you off...

Oops I [!@#%^&^] up I typed in Thor 182 not 183 both issues have Doom covers

http://www.cgccomics.com/poplookup/grades_standard.asp?title=Thor++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++&issue=182++++&publisher=Marvel+Comics++++++++++++&year=1970&issuedate=11%2F70+++++++++++++++

Bob Storms has a 9.2 for $50. Take the $500 extra you save from passing on this and buy a nice key. Don't throw your money away. I paid $20 for a raw 9.4 / 9.6 copy 6 months ago.

183.jpg

Tom you must be reading my mind because I have been thinking about getting a mid grade Avengers #1 for some time now and when I look at the choice between the two it puts it all in perspective. I'm glad I'm not the high bidder right now so Mephisto its all yours. wink.gif