• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List your top 5 favorite board members...

212 posts in this topic

Sorry brother! :blush: I fixed it.

I think you snuck onto Page 3. :facepalm:

lol No worries.

I've met some really great guys on here!! Ryan., Awax, Skynwalker, diestler, Chaseman210, Venom, Mojoepin, amnesiac, ThoseBackPages, BeerThirty, Solar, Spacy, quadman78, faster friends, gaz2810i to name a few. There are a ton more I'm leaving off and I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. The real purpose of this reply is to just mention one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for me on here (or really in general). So he is easily my favorite Boardie. When I first signed up on here I always a chuckle of his avatar and screen name because, well - it's just him. And I always watched him be very respectful, courteous and friendly with others. And he had awesome sales threads to boot and was really easy to deal with when admittedly, I'm oftentimes... well, not.

ItsJustRyan

Awhile back, I had mentioned in the "what's on your pull list" thread some books I thought about checking out. Ryan packaged first issues of those books and shipped them out free to me! For no reason or ulterior motive at all. Just to be a great guy and share in the joy of this hobby of ours.

But yesterday... :cloud9:

So my wife and I just had our first child, a baby girl arrive two weeks early on Tuesday. If you guys are parents, you know that first week is not only joy but alot of :ohnoez: . Ryan made yesterday so special for us...

Going on Day Four without sleep, I looked out my window onto my porch to see a tiny package. Huh, must have missed the mailman. But what did I order recently? (shrug)

It was a small box. Ok, maybe it was a gift from a family member or friend. hm But as soon as I got closer to the package, I recognized the distinct writing style of Ryan as the other packages he has sent me in the past (and the "Tank Comics" return label :grin: ). It was addressed to my daughter - Olivia.

So I went inside and opened up the box with my very tired wife as we huddled in the living room with little Olivia and our pooch Casey to find this.

1g94n.jpg

He sent three Sesame Street characters stuffed animals, a comic and a really thoughtful letter to my daughter! Her first for all three! No reason at all. Complete surprise. Just easily one of THE nicest guys I've ever "met" in my life.

I just really wanted to give him some :acclaim::applause::golfclap:(worship):luhv::banana: because he just really deserves it.

:applause:

There are so many great people on these boards.That they collect comics is just a big plus.I could name 50 just to get started.

Dennis

you are awesome. not just because of our interactions but the way you treat other people..you would be glad to know you are very highly thought of as a person Dennis..not just a boardie...(((hugs))) a lot of people here are wonderful for a variety of reasons...

but I agree it would take a lot more than 5 to list my favorites..

I can only list the ones I personally know and have spent time with who are just fabulous

in no particular order

1. Catrick comics jester hat..cocktails love you man nothing like browsing comics with fine company.such and entertaining guy and he can really rock a Hawaiian shirt His better half is so sweet..*giggles* she gave me something borrowed and something blue but I don't think I gave the borrowed back...

2. Skypinkblu wonderful life saver who sent me some of her clothes and shoes when all I had was a nightshirt on my back always been a super friend and she brought the most adorable guy with her to my wedding..

3.FingFangFoom such a kind and.. it is hard to describe but he is both compelling and awesome he gets really angry when the hotel maid touches his comics...

4 Stu has a smile that lights up a room..the first time I met him I had never seen him or a picture...but I knew it was him he is so freaking funny..I said "You what is your name?" He said "What is your name?" I said "Comicsgirl?" He said "Can't be ..she isn't coming to the con" SNAP and the biggest wonderful hug ever..

and later while we were lying in the hotel bed..reading comics .with all our other friends..it was the best time...one of the best times EVAH

5 Ellegon that look on your face that day..I wish I had a picture of it LMAO..you are just the nicest guy and all the things you do to make the world a better place puts you right up there in my book I would hunt down 200 teddy bears for you..seriously..

but I need jam..truly..

6 Mutant Manatee you totally rock..handsome smart..sense of humor..great family..and just a fun guy to be around..no wonder Stan Lee looks you up to get his pics taken with you..No one who meets you can deny you make the world smile...and as a bonus you come with added Giggles...you can't beat that...

plus you have great taste in Tshirts

7 GAC. dude you cute but why you no come to wedding...poke poke..he is really a cutie pie..

I bet he looks better when he is not behind a bunch of boxes of comics..

I would list JMG but I haven't heard from him in forever..don't even know if he is still here....

I hope I did not miss anyone I know know..

But there are a lot of people here I have a lot of love and respect for..

only a very select few make my "other" list...

You know who you are..you *&^(%)(%$$s

There are so many great people on these boards.That they collect comics is just a big plus.I could name 50 just to get started.

Dennis

you are awesome. not just because of our interactions but the way you treat other people..you would be glad to know you are very highly thought of as a person Dennis..not just a boardie...(((hugs))) a lot of people here are wonderful for a variety of reasons...

but I agree it would take a lot more than 5 to list my favorites..

I can only list the ones I personally know and have spent time with who are just fabulous

in no particular order

1. Catrick comics jester hat..cocktails love you man nothing like browsing comics with fine company.such and entertaining guy and he can really rock a Hawaiian shirt His better half is so sweet..*giggles* she gave me something borrowed and something blue but I don't think I gave the borrowed back...

2. Skypinkblu wonderful life saver who sent me some of her clothes and shoes when all I had was a nightshirt on my back always been a super friend and she brought the most adorable guy with her to my wedding..

3.FingFangFoom such a kind and.. it is hard to describe but he is both compelling and awesome he gets really angry when the hotel maid touches his comics...

4 Stu has a smile that lights up a room..the first time I met him I had never seen him or a picture...but I knew it was him he is so freaking funny..I said "You what is your name?" He said "What is your name?" I said "Comicsgirl?" He said "Can't be ..she isn't coming to the con" SNAP and the biggest wonderful hug ever..

and later while we were lying in the hotel bed..reading comics .with all our other friends..it was the best time...one of the best times EVAH

5 Ellegon that look on your face that day..I wish I had a picture of it LMAO..you are just the nicest guy and all the things you do to make the world a better place puts you right up there in my book I would hunt down 200 teddy bears for you..seriously..

but I need jam..truly..

6 Mutant Manatee you totally rock..handsome smart..sense of humor..great family..and just a fun guy to be around..no wonder Stan Lee looks you up to get his pics taken with you..No one who meets you can deny you make the world smile...and as a bonus you come with added Giggles...you can't beat that...

plus you have great taste in Tshirts

7 GAC. dude you cute but why you no come to wedding...poke poke..he is really a cutie pie..

I bet he looks better when he is not behind a bunch of boxes of comics..

I would list JMG but I haven't heard from him in forever..don't even know if he is still here....

I hope I did not miss anyone I know know..

But there are a lot of people here I have a lot of love and respect for..

only a very select few make my "other" list...

You know who you are..you *&^(%)(%$$s

:blush: Thank you :foryou:

Thats very kind of you.