• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Nice Books picked up at the Big Apple Con NYC

7 posts in this topic

I had a great time at the Big Apple Con this weekend. Meeting and talking to one of the most unique Comic artist of our time Jim Sterenko. I managed to get him to autograph my Nick Fury #5 ( he let me know that Stan Lee originally "banned" this cover because it was to "far out" but then gave in during SHIELD's popularity at the time)

shield6.jpg

I also purchased his only framed copy of "SPIRIT OF AMERICA" featuring a Captain America ... it is numbered and signed by Jim... I bought it early in the day and left it there at his area so he could sell some more of just the lithos. This is now proudly hanging on my wall at home.

PICT51.jpg

I managed to get one Golden AGe book from Ron Yee who I misstook for his brother. He was really nice and help me find what I wanted

allstar10.jpg

Finally I purchase a large number of higher grade Steranko Strange Tales

from Superworld really nice guy.. even remembered that I bought a high grade ASM #122 from him a while back.

ST163A.jpg

some final photos from the show

PICT97.jpg

PICT98.jpg

PICT99.jpg

PICT100.jpg

PICT101.jpg

WEBHEAD

All in all it was very enjoyable.

I had a great time at the Big Apple Con this weekend. Meeting and talking to one of the most unique Comic artist of our time Jim Sterenko. I managed to get him to autograph my Nick Fury #5 ( he let me know that Stan Lee originally "banned" this cover because it was to "far out" but then gave in during SHIELD's popularity at the time)

shield6.jpg

I also purchased his only framed copy of "SPIRIT OF AMERICA" featuring a Captain America ... it is numbered and signed by Jim... I bought it early in the day and left it there at his area so he could sell some more of just the lithos. This is now proudly hanging on my wall at home.

PICT51.jpg

WEBHEAD

All in all it was very enjoyable.

Hey Webhead,

I was standing two people to your left when Steranko signed your comic. He also said that cover was originally meant for issue # 1 and Stan told him 'no way, that's not a comic cover', so he went with the tiered-block design for #1 instead and managed to get this one on #5 after Stan relented.

Cool Cap print!